CX builders using Scandium (Sc7 / GX2 / Columbus)

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

musket

by musket

I'm trying to pin down a builder or two that is building custom CX frames from Scandium. Can anyone help?

I see Stoemper doing alloy, am sure they could use it, but are there others I'm missing?

nitropowered

by nitropowered

Rock Lobster

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

dano
in the industry

by dano

Primus Mootry/PM Cycle Fabrication - former builder to Katie Compton.....for whatever that's worth!

http://www.primusmootry.com

Cyco

by Cyco

Not many builders with tubing left since Easton stopped making it some time ago.
Success is how far you you bounce back up after being knocked down

musket

by musket

Yeah, it's sad - great tubeset.

Thanks for all the suggestions, people!

dano
in the industry

by dano

The Easton Scandium is the great stuff, my CX bike is just that. Best bike out of all that I've had in 25 years of racing, and I've been on a little bit of everything.

If you find a builder, you can still find a few of the Easton tubes floating around. My new road frame has the SC7000 for top and down tubes, Easton Ultralight seat tube (wanted bigger diameter for a bit more stiffness) and Taiwanese scandium seatstays. Chainstays are Columbus XCLR8R.

Built by Primus Mootry/PM Cycle Fabrication........he's my brother, so mixing and matching tubes was an easy one.

Ping me for more info.

celeste55

by celeste55

Is rock lobster still doing the scandium frame? Thinking of ordering one for next season if they are.

Also, what's the longevity of Scandium? Is this theoretically a frame that I could have and use "for life" like a steel frame?
There is nothing lighter than a hole

Briscoelab

by Briscoelab

Paul at Rock Lobster would be the guy to call. I bet he has some tubing left. Great guy and great frames!

Valbrona
Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

by Valbrona

Er, guys ... you realize that scandium tubes are aluminium tubes with a bit of scandium in. Sorry for stating the obvious.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Briscoelab

by Briscoelab

Valbrona wrote:Er, guys ... you realize that scandium tubes are aluminium tubes with a bit of scandium in. Sorry for stating the obvious.

You should be.