Non-fizzy Energy drink....

A light bike doesn't replace good fitness.

Moderator: Moderator Team

CarlTroy

by CarlTroy

My problem is somewhat unique, i guess, but it is a problem nonetheless..
I'm running Vincero's magnetic bottles, loving them..there is one issue however. For instance, when i'm taking Isostar energy drink with me, after preparing the drink, it's producing gases and during the ride my downtube becomes really messy, because as the pressure increases it pushes the mouthpiece open..and again...and again...
So..I'm looking for any powdered energy drink that doesn't produce gases! Thanks! :beerchug:

planetect

by planetect

This will not impress anyone, but good old Gatorade powder works great for me.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Rick

by Rick

I love good old fashioned Gatorade Lemon-Lime too.
it is like pure electricity to a fatigued and dehydrated brain. :D

CarlTroy

by CarlTroy

I really appreciate your comments! :beerchug:
I'm ordering a can of Gatorade Lemon Lime!

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

Have you tried a camelback bottle? I know it will not work with that system but cheap bottles simply don't hold fluid wells.
I never took drugs to improve my performance at any time. I will be willing to stick my finger into a polygraph test if anyone with big media pull wants to take issue. If you buy a signed poster now it will not be tarnished later. --Graeme Obree

CarlTroy

by CarlTroy

stella-azzurra wrote:Have you tried a camelback bottle? I know it will not work with that system but cheap bottles simply don't hold fluid wells.

I don't think you understood me right. The Vincero bottles have absolutely no problem holding fluids, and are by no means cheap. The problem lies within the way the mouthpiece works. It needs pressure to open up, but as i described, drinks that produce gases will cause this kind of problem.

There is absolutely no going back after trying Vincero's system. It's absolutely noise-free, convenient, looks the part :thumbup:

geraldatwork

by geraldatwork

Low fat Nesquik I have found to be better than any other energy drink. Freeze it in the summer in 80 degree weather. Fine in cooler weather. The key is to not rely on it for the only source of liquid or energy. I make it last 2 hours drink water to fill in and a Cliff Bar for the extra calories during the two hours.
"Really fast people are frustrating, but they make you faster. When you get faster, you might frustrate someone else."

2009 Trek Madone 5.5 Project One SRAM Force 16.4 lbs w/pedals and cages.
2007 Bianchi 928 Carbon Lugged- SRAM Rival-17 lbs.

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

CarlTroy wrote:
stella-azzurra wrote:Have you tried a camelback bottle? I know it will not work with that system but cheap bottles simply don't hold fluid wells.

I don't think you understood me right. The Vincero bottles have absolutely no problem holding fluids, and are by no means cheap. The problem lies within the way the mouthpiece works. It needs pressure to open up, but as i described, drinks that produce gases will cause this kind of problem.

There is absolutely no going back after trying Vincero's system. It's absolutely noise-free, convenient, looks the part :thumbup:

OK I got it now. Thanks.
I never took drugs to improve my performance at any time. I will be willing to stick my finger into a polygraph test if anyone with big media pull wants to take issue. If you buy a signed poster now it will not be tarnished later. --Graeme Obree

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

CarlTroy wrote:There is absolutely no going back after trying Vincero's system. It's absolutely noise-free, convenient, looks the part :thumbup:

From what Vincero told me, the caps are compatible with Specialized threaded caps. That may help.
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

CarlTroy

by CarlTroy

prendrefeu wrote:
CarlTroy wrote:There is absolutely no going back after trying Vincero's system. It's absolutely noise-free, convenient, looks the part :thumbup:

From what Vincero told me, the caps are compatible with Specialized threaded caps. That may help.

Wow, nice hint, I'll look into that! Thanks :thumbup:

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

I use the First Endurance EFS drink stuff and it's great. Mixed with their Pre-Race energy booster powder is even better. Doesn't fizz at all either, not like putting coke or redbull in your bottle

hanzypanzy
Shop Owner

by hanzypanzy

Mountain Fuel form the UK, great stuff and no gasses, do full range of energy/recovery/night/morning fuel.

CarlTroy

by CarlTroy

dereksmalls wrote:I use the First Endurance EFS drink stuff and it's great. Mixed with their Pre-Race energy booster powder is even better. Doesn't fizz at all either, not like putting coke or redbull in your bottle

Great tip, I'm going to try this! :thumbup:

Geoff

by Geoff

Al Lim has created a new drink, too: http://www.secretdrinkmix.com/

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

and it is DELICIOUS!!

I tried it over at Interbike (and I still have a few packets). Possibly the best tasting drink product in the entire show without a doubt. I also commended them on their icon and packaging, however there were minor improvements that I requested and they took down with some notes, I'm wondering if they'll see those through.
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.