3t ergonova with campy 10 spped

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

digitalnorbs

by digitalnorbs

I really need help, I just cant get comfortable on them, to have a good amount of bar to be in the drops, I give up comfort on the drops, meaning that I can get them high enough with campy chorus 10 speed shifters, is this a problem with campy on that bar, I have seen images of shimano on those bars and they can get those shifters way higher then I can.

My other things was to try out the rotando or something with the old school bend, please advice

digitalnorbs

by digitalnorbs

this looks like it could work PRO Vibe 7S Top-OS

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

thisisatest
Shop Owner

by thisisatest

any pics?

audiojan

by audiojan

If you could post some pictures, that would be helpful.

I'm using Ergonova Team with Campy Record (10-spd) and have no issues at all... hoping that the picture might explain why you're having a problem...
"Suddenly the thought struck me; my floor is someone elses ceiling" - Nils Ferlin

cookiemonster

by cookiemonster

Ditto - need pics. I run record 10 on the pros, and chorus 10 on the teams and find them very comfy.

Fwiw I have both the top of the bars and the top of the shifters completely horizontal and inline, so you can put a ruler along the bar and onto the top of the shifter.

jon

digitalnorbs

by digitalnorbs

sounds good, should have done that to begin with, thanks

will post them tonight

thank you

digitalnorbs

by digitalnorbs

Hi guys, sorry for the blur on the image, looked OK on the phone, but once on the computer, not so great.
So do you guys think. Im thinking that I need to raise the bars up and move the shifters down, but I will let you
guys pitch in, thank for all your help
Attachments
IMAG0061 f.jpg

5 8 5

by 5 8 5

Bars / lever position is a very personal thing. Looking at your pic the levers look fine. Maybe try raising your stem 5mm. Basically it's a trial and error process.

I use Cinelli gel bar tape. It's ideal for setting the lever position because the backing is non-slip rather than self adhesive so variations can easily tried.

cookiemonster

by cookiemonster

Hi

You could try swing your bars upwards so that the flats are horizontal (parallel with the ground) and then moving the levers forward on the bars so that they too are parallel with the ground. Campag 10 levers tend to be set flat rather than with the upward position of shimano. It takes a bit to get used to if you're not used to it (dont know if its just the bars or the groupset thats new?); but works well.

Pic of how I run them below. Its a -17 degree stem, so the stem it horizontal with ground; you can see that the bars and levers continue the horizontal'ness!

Works for me - maybe worth having a go before you swap the bars

jon

digitalnorbs

by digitalnorbs

thanks for the photo, that what I had in mine, will do that tonight and see if that works for me, looks like it might,
will see if my position on the bike says the same, thanks again

digitalnorbs

by digitalnorbs

Here is the new angel, my reach to the breaks is lots better now, but cant really tell how this will work till I do a ride. New photo attached.
Attachments
-1.jpg

digitalnorbs

by digitalnorbs

Looking at the photo now, i can see that I will be missing my flat section of the bar while being in the drops,

cookiemonster

by cookiemonster

Yep, if you want a flat dropped section then you'll most likely need to use a traditional bend bar.

thisisatest
Shop Owner

by thisisatest

there are plenty of bars out there that have a flat transition between tops and hoods, without extending the reach of the bar or putting the drops in a steep angle. zipp's short n shallow comes to mind. they now have a super-short reach in their service course contour bar. that one has a flat, egg-shaped top, like the ergonovas but smaller shape overall. it should work well with campy10. i'm sure there are others.
http://zipp.com/_media/productdocs/2012%20BAR%20DROP%20DIAGRAM.pdf
otoh, most traditional bars dip down before you reach the hoods, just like your current setup. it is unlikely you will find what you are looking for there.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

digitalnorbs

by digitalnorbs

I really like the super short reach, but cant find them on line?
those look just like the pro vibes, which are easier to find