Best road shoe for wide feet?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

CippoForLife
Shop Owner

by CippoForLife

Lake makes pretty wide shoes in stock widths, and then offers even wider in certain models, such as the 236, and 401.
Even the stock 401 was too wide for my pretty standard feet, whereas the new 301 is slightly narrower.
Let me know if you need help finding any stock, as I have a few dealer connections with the shoes.

Mike

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Briscoelab

by Briscoelab

The Sidi's are good and Specialized makes a lot of their shoes in wide widths.

r_mutt

by r_mutt

Slayer33 wrote:
Tokyo Drifter wrote:you have comfort issues from your shoes being too tight yet you are purchasing your shoes, without trying them on, from the internet. Something about sleeping in the bed you make somes to mind...

Where do you get this from?

I do my research online like most of us do and when something that is suggested peaks my interest, I will see if I can't get whatever it may be locally first at a good price. I called my local shop to see if they had the SIDI Mega Pro Carbon 5 shoes today after Wyatt963 recommended them, they did, but they quoted me $299 for them. I went down after work to try them on and found that they fit much better than my Shimano R086Ls.

I felt that $299 is too much to pay when typically you can get much better deals online, which is what I asked in my response to his post. Yes, my reply was prior to me trying them on, but whats the harm in looking for a better deal that fits my budget? I have every intention to trying on shoes prior to investing my hard earned $$ before buying them.

I also had the opportunity to try on the Northwave and Specialized shoes, but they just weren't as comfortable as the Sidi Megas.

I have yet to try any Lake shoes..

So you went to a local shop, took up their time and expertise, tried on 3 different pairs of shoes, left, and then found a better deal on-line? Is it any wonder that the LBS of the world are going under?

Slayer33

by Slayer33

The staff were rude, weren't helpful and after showing them in their own distributor catalogue that they are $259 they had no response to why they were over charging for their stuff. They just said, "the price shown on the box is what you pay."

Poor customer service = no business from me.

I'm about 95% sold on SIDIs Mega line, I found a shop in town that can special order them for me at $259 - 25% as I knew one of the ppl in the shop. Thanks for all the help.
Last edited by Slayer33 on Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
2009 Scott Spark 50 - 22.9 lbs / 10.38 kg
2011 Cannondale SuperSix 5 - 15.35 lbs / 6.96 kg

Briscoelab

by Briscoelab

Slayer33

by Slayer33

:lol:
Last edited by Slayer33 on Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Slayer33

by Slayer33

If you'd learn how to read before you type, you'd notice I bought my shoes at my local shop for $190. They'll be here on Monday.

I do know how to laugh and I'm doing so at your expense. Roflmao aysa.

I wish the mods would just delete half this thread or it entirely since only the first half was helpful to anyone.

Thanks again for the ppl who helped me with wide shoe suggestions.

As for attempting to voice my displeasure of a shop overcharging for their products, I don't feel bad for that one bit.

Slayer33

by Slayer33

I'm not going to drop down to your level and insult you..

Covering up my mess? What mess? You're accusing me of doing something you actually know nothing about. You're just making assumptions... Seriously this is becoming comical..

I deleted my posts cause this is ridiculous and getting way off topic and out of hand.

You've got a serious problem. I feel sorry for you.

gumgardner

by gumgardner

I feel like my bont vaypors are wide compared to my sidi ergo2.

Zitter

by Zitter

i tried on the sidi mega's before and they were decent, but after getting my shimano 315's, nothing else i tried on compared. after getting them heat molded they were even better.

Slayer33

by Slayer33

I wasn't able to find Bont shoes in my area. I have a set of Shimano custom fit shoes for my mtb and they are amazing.

Guess I never considered that Shimano would have custom fit in their road line.. Oh well.. Too late now. :D

vittoriashoes
in the industry

by vittoriashoes

I might suggest one other manufacturer: Vittoria.

Greetings. I am with Vittoria Cycling Shoes and have been watching on the boards for quite some time now. While everyone has a personal preference, I might sugget one of our shoes. While many companies have a "standard" width shoe, we actually have 4 different widths in every single shoe we offer. As well as over 30 lengths of shoes and a multi-length option for people with two different length feet. Oh, and we also offer a high volume and low volume on all of our shoe models.

I know for some this seems like a lot to offer, but we make 100% of our product in Italy. So for us, it's quite easy. We have distributors across the globe as well as a US Office that is all ours. Reviews in everything cyclingnews.com, pez, RBA, bikerumor, procycling, cycle sport and more.

So for someone looking for a wide, I would suggest to consider us. We offer wide and super wide models all the way to a "EEE" width and again, can go beyond that with a high volume model for those with...larger feet.

Yes, I am more than happy to answer your questions. Let me know if you have any.

periodcorrect

by periodcorrect

Try the Bont A-One's- super stiff and very wide

si1ver
Shop Owner

by si1ver

I would have agree with the post above and say Bont A-1 is light stiff and wide .

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

kgt

by kgt

+1 on Vittoria.
Sidi quality, better price.