Cervelo S2 Frame weight (2011/2012)

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Home:Ballyhoura

by Home:Ballyhoura

I cannot seem to find anywhere on the web a weight for an 2011/2012 S2 frame. Had a look at the user bikes but not much luck there either, the S2 doesn't seem very popular in comparison to their other models, but I believe there is no change to the frame for 2012, is this correct? If so then a weight of either year is good. Any size will do just to get a rough idea, but ideally in a 51/53cm size. Thanks in advance, I genuinely really appreciate it!

Posted the same question on the Cervelo forum but don't expect as good a response as here :)
http://forums.cervelo.com/forums/t/8908.aspx

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Permon

by Permon

Isnt S2 discontinued for 2012? Check Cervelo web site. I think that only S3 and S5 are offered as aero frames for 2012...

Cyppen

by Cyppen

If you look at the cervelo site they only have S2 and S5... No S3... :oops:

GT56

by GT56

Home:Ballyhoura wrote:I cannot seem to find anywhere on the web a weight for an 2011/2012 S2 frame. Had a look at the user bikes but not much luck there either, the S2 doesn't seem very popular in comparison to their other models, but I believe there is no change to the frame for 2012, is this correct? If so then a weight of either year is good. Any size will do just to get a rough idea, but ideally in a 51/53cm size. Thanks in advance, I genuinely really appreciate it!

Posted the same question on the Cervelo forum but don't expect as good a response as here :)
http://forums.cervelo.com/forums/t/8908.aspx

They are around 1200 grams - 'aero' frame = lots of carbon

There is no change from 2012 to 2011, except that it now only comes in black, and that in most markets the price has dropped

Thank you, any idea what size frame the 1200g is for, or do they vary much with sizes?
Also, S2 doesn't have BB30 or BBright compatibility no?

splunk

by splunk

Do a search on youtube. There is a spanish video where they weigh the 51 s2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mVCT3o9cAw) - comes in at 1075g.

That's brilliant splunk, thanks very much for that! Couldn't have asked for a better response. Happy enough with that weight, so will be on an S2 next year instead of my 2007 Orbea Orca

NGMN

by NGMN

looks like the frame had bottle cage bolts but no seatpost collar.

splunk

by splunk

Also the derailleur hanger is in the weight.

I just got delivery of my 2012 S2. Could not justify the extra spend for the S5 and extra weight.

As I got my bike fully built, I could not confirm the you tube S2 frame weight.

Make sure to upload a picture of it! A brief spec and weight would be nice too.
Also, I presume it is the black with red stripe you got if it is 2012?
When mine was ordered this week, I was told it would more than likely be the black colour that I would get and unlikely the white, however I thought that the white was no longer available for 2012 right?

splunk

by splunk

Will take some photos of it this weekend and upload. :)

Yes, mine is the black with the red strip. I am going to investigate how to remove the red and make it stealth.

Some 51cm specific info you might find helpful are (that are missing on the cervelo site): stem length is 90mm, crank length is 170mm. I am 172cm and the seat post was not long enough, so needed a longer one (one from a 54cm frame). Toe overlap exists :(. The Fulcrum Racing T wheels are have a completely quiet freewheel - something new for a fulcrum wheel. The Fizik Ardea Saddle is pretty comfy and weighs 224g.

Thanks a million for that. Interesting that the seatpost was not long enough, I am 171cm and have a 51cm S2 on the way as well so hope it is not an issue for me with 170mm cranks too. My saddle height from centre of the bottom bracket to the top of the saddle is 70cm so maybe this is around the same as yours? Thanks again, I look forward to seeing your bike :D

splunk

by splunk

Here is a quick pic I took with my phone.

It weighs in at 7.45kg exactly what is in the pics. Might not be quite up to other's WW standards. :)

Changes are:
- Selle Italia SLR flow 184g
- Sram Red crankset
- AC CR420 wheelset with Ultremo ZX tyres
- Easton EC70 bars
- 3T arx pro 100mm stem
- wireless cateye strada
- shimano xtr pedals

The rest is standard as per Cervelo site.
Attachments
IMG_0511.jpg

splunk

by splunk

Hi All,

Just thought that I would post a better pic.

Down to 7.1 kg with TI/TI xpedo pedals, planet-x brakes CNC and lighter tubes.
Attachments
cerveloS2.jpg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com