2011 CycleOps PowerTap

A light bike doesn't replace good fitness.

Moderator: Moderator Team

maquisard

by maquisard

You can think of WKO+ as a more polished and commercial alternative to Golden Cheetah. It uses the Hunter/Coggan metrics like TSS/IF/NP etc were as Golden Cheetah uses the Skiba metrics like Bikescore/xPower etc. Both sets of metrics are equivalent and Golden Cheetah is bringing TSS/IF/NP into version 3 which you can also download and use in beta form.

Unfortunately WKO+ is Windows only so it is not useful to you unless you use Parallels or Bootcamp to run Windows on your Mac.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

parajba

by parajba

maquisard wrote:You can think of WKO+ as a more polished and commercial alternative to Golden Cheetah. It uses the Hunter/Coggan metrics like TSS/IF/NP etc were as Golden Cheetah uses the Skiba metrics like Bikescore/xPower etc. Both sets of metrics are equivalent and Golden Cheetah is bringing TSS/IF/NP into version 3 which you can also download and use in beta form.

Unfortunately WKO+ is Windows only so it is not useful to you unless you use Parallels or Bootcamp to run Windows on your Mac.

Very useful, thanks again! I guess I'll have to download the beta version then because I'm reading the Hunter/Coggan book...Thanks again!
Given you know so much about powermeters, do you think I should *rent* a PT wheel for now and next year buy the Vector pedals...? Just throwing it... ;-)

maquisard

by maquisard

If you haven't used a Powertap before then it is a large expense and it is useful to rent one to see if it works for you. I did this prior to purchasing my own SL+/Velocity A23 wheelset.

The Garmin Vector does look interesting, will have to look at it myself in future.

amaferanga

by amaferanga

parajba wrote:Very useful, thanks again! I guess I'll have to download the beta version then because I'm reading the Hunter/Coggan book...Thanks again!
Given you know so much about powermeters, do you think I should *rent* a PT wheel for now and next year buy the Vector pedals...? Just throwing it... ;-)

If you plan to rent one from Cyclepowermeters then probably worth knowing that there's often a very long wait (a few months when I enquired a couple of years back) so if you want one soon then might be better to buy. Used prices are good though so if you bought one and it's not for you then you'd get a large chunk of your money back if you sold it.

parajba

by parajba

My current training wheels are Shimano RS10, the rear weights around 1,050 grams (wheel, hub, 20 spokes).

Does anybody know the weight of rear PowerTap Pro (2012) wheel in a 32 spoke config? And the weight of the 2011 SL+ model with Mavic Open Pro rim? Is it worth getting the 20 or 24 spoke just for training? Or should I go with the 32 spoke config? I'm 67 kg.