HOT: Active* forum members generally gain 5% discount at starbike.com store!
Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Articles FAQ Contact About




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 4:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 10:18 pm
Posts: 360
Location: Colorado
Cadence90 - thanks for keeping the forum "clean". However ZeroG - thanks for taking the time to discuss brakes and your product here. I think it is great that a manufacturer is willing to discuss the grey area's of their skill, particulary when this is the third thread on lightweight brakes.

ZeroG raises an interesting point re lever modulation. I am building a new TT bike. Aero brakes have a shorter stroke and less of an extension from the pivot. Granted you are not using them as much. Thoughts to ponder.

I would like to see a specific area where manufacturers could relay tech info (edited to remove sales pitches and any knocking of the competition)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
Posted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 4:45 pm 


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 4:09 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 14, 2003 1:52 am
Posts: 1610
nzkiwiguy wrote:
Cadence90 - thanks for keeping the forum "clean". However ZeroG - thanks for taking the time to discuss brakes and your product here. I think it is great that a manufacturer is willing to discuss the grey area's of their skill, particulary when this is the third thread on lightweight brakes.

ZeroG raises an interesting point re lever modulation. I am building a new TT bike. Aero brakes have a shorter stroke and less of an extension from the pivot. Granted you are not using them as much. Thoughts to ponder.

I would like to see a specific area where manufacturers could relay tech info (edited to remove sales pitches and any knocking of the competition)


Excellent idea! I too really appreciated Zero's description and directness and found the post enlightening. I just didn't think we want this to become another kind of snit fit we saw re: carbon cranks, but Zero's a designer/fabricator, I gather, not only a salesman, and so the kind of person whose expertise would be most welcome here I would think....What would be good about the mnfr. section would also be the informed descriptions of fabrication practices and material limits/possibilities, which most of us non-engineers/producers would not really know too much about....

_________________
"Gimondi è un eroe umano, che viene sconfitto ma che continua la sua corsa fino a tornare a vincere." - Enrico Ruggeri


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 6:56 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2004 6:25 am
Posts: 62
Anyone know of a source of Ti fasteners besides SRP for large forks like the AlphaQ Sub3? The M6x1x25mm nut won't work with the Cat/ZeroG front brake which has a 1" center bolt. The closest part available is a 30mm steel nut from an old Kestral fork of mine.

By the way, I've had great experience with other light brakes: 3K miles on BREWlites and 10K miles on Cane Creek BRS-200s. My fastest descent was 62.5 mph on a very hilly course.

_________________
\'kee-rok\ I'm just an unfrozen caveman. Your world frightens and confuses me.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 7:24 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 14, 2003 1:52 am
Posts: 1610
cirroc wrote:
Anyone know of a source of Ti fasteners besides SRP for large forks like the AlphaQ Sub3? The M6x1x25mm nut won't work with the Cat/ZeroG front brake which has a 1" center bolt. The closest part available is a 30mm steel nut from an old Kestral fork of mine.

By the way, I've had great experience with other light brakes: 3K miles on BREWlites and 10K miles on Cane Creek BRS-200s. My fastest descent was 62.5 mph on a very hilly course.


Why not write Ted at Zero Gravity:
web: http://www.zerogravitybike.com/index.html
e-mail: tech@zerogravitybike.com

otherwise, but not as good as SRP, you might try:
Loose Screws http://www.thethirdhand.com/
Branford Bike http://www.branfordbike.com/

_________________
"Gimondi è un eroe umano, che viene sconfitto ma che continua la sua corsa fino a tornare a vincere." - Enrico Ruggeri


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 6:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 10:18 pm
Posts: 360
Location: Colorado
Found these while looking for a disk


XLAB 130 and XLAB 150 Calipers
The X130 has the ideal stopping power in a premium grade, single pivot brake. Comes complete with pads and weighs in at 130g.
The X150 is an efficient dual pivot caliper with sleek black looks and laser etched graphics. Comes complete with pads and weighs in at 150g.


Attachments:
XLAB_Brakes.jpg
XLAB_Brakes.jpg [ 11.61 KiB | Viewed 804 times ]
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 5:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 14, 2003 1:52 am
Posts: 1610
Spytech, CAADHEAD et al:

New letter from Ted Ciamillo re: upgrade from CAT to Zero.
I asked him about upgrade about 2-3 weeks ago, now he's listened and come up with a second, complete upgrade package. :!: This is super listening and Customer Service, it's pretty clear he cares that his product develop a great reputation.

The details of the upgrade packages can be viewed on a page just added to the website. The link to that page can be found at the bottom of the "spec" page, titled, "upgrade packages". http://www.zerogravitybike.com

Quote:
Hi .....,

Hope you are well...
Due to the number of requests, I am now offering two upgrade packages for the '03 CAT-claws; this new one includes an upgrade to the new pad holders. I am simply re-machining them to accept the spherical surface of the holders.

Thanks,

Ted Ciamillo
Ciamillo Components, Inc. www.zerogravitybike.com
(706).757.2414

See also http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1330

_________________
"Gimondi è un eroe umano, che viene sconfitto ma che continua la sua corsa fino a tornare a vincere." - Enrico Ruggeri


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 6:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 29, 2003 9:01 pm
Posts: 2477
Location: Colorado
You know you posted that twice? :wink:

_________________
MAMA SAID KNOCK YOU OUT! HUH!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 3:45 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 14, 2003 1:52 am
Posts: 1610
Superlite wrote:
You know you posted that twice? :wink:


Yeah, I posted the "upgrade to the upgrade" description on both threads related to CAT-Claws versus Zero Gravity....I thought it is cool that ZG came up with this product servicing. :wink: :wink:

_________________
"Gimondi è un eroe umano, che viene sconfitto ma che continua la sua corsa fino a tornare a vincere." - Enrico Ruggeri


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 5:10 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2003 12:34 pm
Posts: 1650
Location: New York City
cadence90 wrote:
Spytech, CAADHEAD et al:

New letter from Ted Ciamillo re: upgrade from CAT to Zero.
I asked him about upgrade about 2-3 weeks ago, now he's listened and come up with a second, complete upgrade package. :!: This is super listening and Customer Service, it's pretty clear he cares that his product develop a great reputation.

The details of the upgrade packages can be viewed on a page just added to the website. The link to that page can be found at the bottom of the "spec" page, titled, "upgrade packages". http://www.zerogravitybike.com

Quote:
Hi .....,

Hope you are well...
Due to the number of requests, I am now offering two upgrade packages for the '03 CAT-claws; this new one includes an upgrade to the new pad holders. I am simply re-machining them to accept the spherical surface of the holders.

Thanks,

Ted Ciamillo
Ciamillo Components, Inc. www.zerogravitybike.com
(706).757.2414

See also http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1330


thanks for the info, i just might do that. 55 bucks is not bad at all.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 5:22 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 14, 2003 1:52 am
Posts: 1610
spytech wrote:
cadence90 wrote:
Spytech, CAADHEAD et al:

New letter from Ted Ciamillo re: upgrade from CAT to Zero.
I asked him about upgrade about 2-3 weeks ago, now he's listened and come up with a second, complete upgrade package. :!: This is super listening and Customer Service, it's pretty clear he cares that his product develop a great reputation.

The details of the upgrade packages can be viewed on a page just added to the website. The link to that page can be found at the bottom of the "spec" page, titled, "upgrade packages". http://www.zerogravitybike.com

Quote:
Hi .....,

Hope you are well...
Due to the number of requests, I am now offering two upgrade packages for the '03 CAT-claws; this new one includes an upgrade to the new pad holders. I am simply re-machining them to accept the spherical surface of the holders.

Thanks,

Ted Ciamillo
Ciamillo Components, Inc. www.zerogravitybike.com
(706).757.2414

See also http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1330


thanks for the info, i just might do that. 55 bucks is not bad at all.

the 55 gets you the basic upgrade, 85 remachines the pad holders to allow toe-in adjustment of the pads, which maybe is not an issue on the old CATs, I don't know, but I find it useful on my brakeset....so the 85 starts to get steep if you can sell the old CATs at a good price and get new Zero's you might actually spend a fair amount less than that...just a thought.

_________________
"Gimondi è un eroe umano, che viene sconfitto ma che continua la sua corsa fino a tornare a vincere." - Enrico Ruggeri


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Exabot [Bot], Google [Bot], raisinberry777 and 45 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

   Similar Topics   Author   Replies   Views   Last post 
There are no new unread posts for this topic. Looking at new brakes EE Brakes or GSL Micros

[ Go to page: 1, 2 ]

in Road

G6612

17

1179

Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:38 pm

G6612 View the latest post

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Ted, please deliver my brakes

[ Go to page: 1, 2 ]

in Road

spookyload

28

4124

Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:25 pm

spookyload View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Which brakes on which bike?

in Road

davidalone

2

233

Tue Jun 17, 2014 3:05 pm

eric View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. V-brakes on TT bike

in Road

kavitator

0

109

Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:18 pm

kavitator View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. ee cycleworks brakes

in Road

Lemule

14

1119

Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:42 pm

barsook77 View the latest post


It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:01 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Advertising   –  FAQ   –  Contact   –  Convert   –  About

© Weight Weenies 2000-2013
hosted by starbike.com


How to get rid of these ads? Just register!


Powered by phpBB