New Project Build - Argon 18 Gallium Pro 2012 - Finished

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

KH1

by KH1

Well I thought I was going to build either a 2011 White and Black Dogma or a 2012 Black and Silver Dogma or as an outside chance a Black Colnago M10. On the very outside was the chance I may even go back to what I wanted at the start of the year and build a Baum Corretto.

And now for something completely different.......

After several weeks of thinking and researching and making decisions then changing my mind then becoming completely confused before finally tossing a proverbial coin I have ordered the following bits and peices;
None of these are my pictures because nothing has turned up yet.....
I'm going to give these Fusion 3 tubeless thingymabobs a try. Maybe I'll order some Atoms as well - some people are saying buy Fusions because they don't flat others are saying buy Atoms because they handle exceptionally well.
A set of Racing 1's to put them on. You can't buy B&W Racing anything in 2 ways so I've also bought a tubeless conversion kit for them.
A new SLR Kit Carbonio saddle to sit on
Another set of Ergosum LTD bars because I think they are the sh!t :D
A matching stem because I'm a pedant :oops:
A pair of each of these because I can't make up my mind which will hold my water bottles better..... or maybe which ones will look better on the bike.
A set of these because everyone reckons they are the sh!t and I need to find out if they're lying...... And also because they'll look pretty cool on the bike.
This groupset - because I just am alright! I thought I wanted Campy...... Okay so I still might get Campy - Just shutup about it!
And this frame to put it all on..... :shock:
It took me a long time to back myself into this corner so if you are going to roll your eyes at me then you're officially on my blocked list!

In all seriousness though - I have had so many good reports on this bike I just had to give it a try. I was looking for something a little different - and you really don't see too many of these things around so I figured I'd bite the bullet.
It should end up looking something like this - without the wheels and I think I'm going black on the tape.
Last edited by KH1 on Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
Don't let the truth get in the way of good story...
2023 Propel Advanced SL (Growing in the Petrie dish)
2022 Trance Advanced Pro 1
2021 Revolt Advanced 1
2020 TCR Advanced SL 0 (Dead)
2019 Fathom 1 29er
2017 TCR Advanced Pro 0

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

I like how you've presented your first post. It's going to build up very nicely. But you've gone this far damnit.. get the Dura Ace C50 wheels as well. Then call it good. :thumbup:
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

KH1

by KH1

I am so over tubulars at the moment...... I've had my rear EC90 in the LBS for over a month 2 tyres later and now a broken valve thread that Continental are playing hardball on.
If I never see another tubular again it will be too soon. At least that's how I am currently feeling about them - of course knowing me that will soon turn to - "oh mate! If you aren't running on singles then you aren't a real racer" or some such opinionated nonsense :lol:
2021 Revolt Advanced 1
2019 Fathom 1 29er
2017 TCR Advanced Pro 0

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Ok then, I hear ya about the tubular issue, I'd probably be doing the same thing in your shoes. The Fulcrums are great wheels. Had a set of Racing Zero clinchers and loved them. Only reason I sold them was that the red spokes (2009) were just a little, or a lot, too much red. I'm personally ignoring the whole tubeless clinchers for the road thing. Don't believe it's here to stay, but time will tell I suppose. Would just as soon have just a tire/tube combo if I was sticking with clinchers.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

g_doraz

by g_doraz

Looks like a great build. Don't know much about the frame, but it certainly is pretty. Will definitely be following this build. Good luck :thumbup:
Road bike: Pinarello Dogma 60.1
TT bike: Trek Speed Concept

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4XxCZagAjk

ciclistarapdio

by ciclistarapdio

A built up bike looks a bit better than posted pictures from the shopping cart.

KH1

by KH1

Patience my young padawan. Wait you must for the build. Enjoy you must the anticipation.......
2021 Revolt Advanced 1
2019 Fathom 1 29er
2017 TCR Advanced Pro 0

phallenthoul
in the industry

by phallenthoul

KH1 wrote:Patience my young padawan. Wait you must for the build. Enjoy you must the anticipation.......

Yoda puts object in the first of a sentance, not the verb.
The master would say: The build, you must wait for. Anticipation, you must enjoy.
Awesome bike, you got there btw.

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

You know what I'm going to say don't you KH.

KH1

by KH1

Well TP you could say any number of things.....
But I'm guessing it will be totally biased so I'm won't be pulling my fingers out of my ears while you are talking :P
2021 Revolt Advanced 1
2019 Fathom 1 29er
2017 TCR Advanced Pro 0

LouisN

by LouisN

I really like the new Argon18 color(less) scheme. Nice :thumbup: !!!

Is it the Pro version ?

Make shure you weight it, and tell us what size (I think they run big, I would need the small size for the Gallium)

Louis :)

irf3

by irf3

Great first post, I'm hooked and subscribed. Should be a great build. :thumbup:

zariaman

by zariaman

I think it's going to look sick! I love that saddle.

djconnel

by djconnel

Looks heavy.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

Speaking of which, do we have any weights on the Argon frames?

KH1 - could you provide a scale shot of the frame (w/ or w/o fork & headset) for us?
Considering how the Argons use a proprietary headset/spacer system, it may be necessary to weight the whole module sans seatpost.

I think it would help all of us here. Thanks!
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.