Dash hubs

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Phill P

by Phill P

Wow that is a considerable redesign of both hub shells when you look at the detail of spoke spacing etc.

They could trim the inner corners of the Ti blocks as there is not load carried in/up there, might save a gram or two.

I wish they would polish those blocks as they look like cheap industrial parts that have had a hard life. Other than that the hubs look great.

What is the reason for the weight limit? 15mm and 17mm axles and 6802/6803 bearings can take more than that. Is it a flex and shell strength issue?
Technical Director at www.TUFFcycle.com

rruff
Shop Owner

by rruff

Phill P wrote:What is the reason for the weight limit? 15mm and 17mm axles and 6802/6803 bearings can take more than that. Is it a flex and shell strength issue?

Very light hubs... very light components...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Cento

by Cento

Guys,,just wanna get your opinion or any experiences about the dashcycles carbon hubs the Mira-Veronica in particular,how reliable are they?? or any issues been encountered??,the wheelset is freaking insane light 940g,,its almost impossible to ride it felt like I’m riding on a piece cardboard wheels,Im only 154lbs so inside the 80kg limit..I’ll be using the set for week-end rides only but I just wanted a piece of mind while riding,,so PLEASE help me..Thanks

http://www.dashcycles.com/products/?ope ... and%20hubs

donald

by donald

I have a lot of miles on my dash hubs and have not had any problems. I really like these hubs and would say they are the best light hub of any I have used. I have used Tune, Extralite and others but I like my dash the best, they are also the lightest.

Bridgeman

by Bridgeman

First I've heard of these hubs, and they look very interesting. Looking forward to responses and observations.

gumgardner

by gumgardner

I've never heard of or read anything negative about anything this company has produced.

On a side note I heard they are doing a madfiber type of wheel in the not so distant future

Zen Cyclery
Shop Owner

by Zen Cyclery

We now sell them but we haven't stocked or sold any due to the fact that there really isn't any sort of input as to long term durability. They are absolutely gorgeous hubs, but I unfortunately just can't trust them at this point. But I would love to be proved wrong . Weston is a great guy though and I do know that Dash is quite reliable.

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

$1000 for hubs! Holy moly!

HammerTime2
Location: Wherever there's a mountain beckoning to be climbed

by HammerTime2

gumgardner wrote:On a side note I heard they are doing a madfiber type of wheel in the not so distant future
Perhaps it will be called "Mad Dash"? I will be happy to allow use of this name if we can reach a suitable royalty arrangement.

HammerTime2
Location: Wherever there's a mountain beckoning to be climbed

by HammerTime2

dereksmalls wrote:$1000 for hubs! Holy moly!
Ha, ha, no. $1000 is for the Nikki, Monica combination. The O.P. inquired about the Mira, Veronica combination, which is $1200.

metanoize

by metanoize

Tool lazy to search the interwebs, but I think the internals are Tune. I might be wrong.

Cento

by Cento

Thanks for all your feedbacks,at least now I knew Im not the first one to use as tester,,,,heres my Wheelset installed to my 12.8 lbs moots..enjoy..

Wingnut

by Wingnut

Nice bike!

Rippin

by Rippin

Holy crap that's a light set of 32mm clinchers.
____o
_`\<,_
(*)/ (*)

t3z

by t3z

Thanks! Great review and very informative! :thumbup:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com