11' Tarmac Pro...The battle for middle earth...

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

StuTheWeak

by StuTheWeak

Just took my bike out for a spin with it's horrible setup. Gear changes were CRISPY!!!

Put on an A23 (23mm) on the front and Synergy OC (24mm) on the rear...was like superglue :)

New weight is 6,631g...14.6lbs. Still no tape :(
Specialized Allez 06' "Rain Bike" 21.50lbs
Neuvation F100 11' "Road Bike" 16.80lbs
Specialized Tarmac Pro 11' "WW Bike" 14.25lbs

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

tonytourist

by tonytourist

timintense wrote:am sorry to say this but i agree that the chain is a wee bit short, but the length of the cable housing to the rear deraileur looks fine to me, and am not sure how people can tell from these pics how far the b screw is in, am guessing you do run brakes?

download/file.php?id=46163&mode=view
The gap from the upper jockey wheel to the cassette is much too large. I don't think it helps that the chain is too short either. :noidea:
I don't get why you'd spend money buying nice stuff to half ass the build, but oh well.

StuTheWeak

by StuTheWeak

The shifts are as crispy as Popeye's chicken. I guess when I say it shifts perfectly...that you guys must read it as "it shifts like sh!t". That's the only thing I can deduce.

Maybe public schools aren't testing enough for dyslexia? Why would I assemble the bike incorrectly? Cause you read a magazine article or spoke to a mechanic that would suggest otherwise?

After you ride my bike...then you can tell me how awful it shifts or not.

Can't believe the improvement made by sturdy wheels. Wish I had more wheelsets using wide rims, high spoke count and steel axles. It's like riding on rails :)

makoy

by makoy

jsinclair

by jsinclair

StuTheWeak wrote:The shifts are as crispy as Popeye's chicken. I guess when I say it shifts perfectly...that you guys must read it as "it shifts like sh!t". That's the only thing I can deduce.

Maybe public schools aren't testing enough for dyslexia? Why would I assemble the bike incorrectly? Cause you read a magazine article or spoke to a mechanic that would suggest otherwise?

After you ride my bike...then you can tell me how awful it shifts or not.

Firstly, if you want to go about your business and set your bike up the way you want, then fine its your prerogative. Tape or no tape, its your choice. But as soon as it starts to rain, darwin will sort you out pretty quickly.

The first time i built a bike, i made some rookie errors, and it shifted like crap. I took it to a mechanic and he happily showed me where i had gone wrong. Learnt my lesson, and now i can tune my bike pretty good. It wouldn't hurt for you to swallow your pride and just take some advice. You'll be better off in the long run.

But do not go trivialising things such as dyslexia (or any other misfortune) just for the sake of your argument. You might find people will put up with your unwillingness to learn or take advice, but no one will tolerate bulls**t offensive statements like that. No i am not dyslexic, but two friends of mine are and seeing the crap they copped in school makes me understand that people like you aren't worth the skin off anybody's knuckles. An apology is in order, whether you like it or not.

Im gonna go out on a limb and say that if you can't tune a RD properly then you certainly don't know what good shifting feels like. I though my $50, 21-speed mountain bike shifted sweet when i was 7 years old. Then i grew up.

cnbky

by cnbky

jsinclair wrote:
StuTheWeak wrote:I though my $50, 21-speed mountain bike shifted sweet when i was 7 years old. Then i grew up.

i hear that!! :beerchug:

KWalker

by KWalker

Again, you couldn't even install your cables correctly less than 8 weeks ago so how do you have any clue what great shifting feels like? What is your metric?
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

StuTheWeak

by StuTheWeak

I'm fine with advice. I'm not down with bullying.

My bike shifts as it should. No slop...no delay...no jumping...no half-shifts.

Anyone got some poles we can prop this dead horse up with? Think not everyone has had their turn in beating it.

em3

by em3

why r people feeding the Troll ???...(said with all due respect)

There is really nothing useful that anyone can say anymore...in one ear and out the other.

EM3

jsinclair

by jsinclair

StuTheWeak wrote: I'm not down with bullying.

Funnily enough bullies say that quite often.

This is an internet forum Stu, not the school yard. If you feel victimised then logic would suggest that its a direct consequence of the things you've said, and the way you've come across when saying it.

This sort of arrogance in a bunch ride would at best get you kicked out, and at worst cause an accident. But let me guess, you fly solo.

Even without the attitude, no one would let you ride in their bunch without bar tape on your bike. You might think its safe, but no one else around you does.

KWalker

by KWalker

this could be one of the most elaborate trolls in internet history and perhaps pure comedic genius.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

StuTheWeak

by StuTheWeak

em3 wrote:why r people feeding the Troll ???...(said with all due respect)

There is really nothing useful that anyone can say anymore...in one ear and out the other.

EM3

Funny...I feel like I'm the one feeding trolls.

tomb

by tomb

KW, i think you got caught hook line and sinker.

Frankie - B
Admin - In the industry

by Frankie - B

Allright gentlemen,

Please burry the hatchet and be the first one to walk away from this with your head held high.

Now, go and play nicely with the others.
'Tape was made to wrap your GF's gifts, NOT hold a freakin tire on.'
If you want to see 'meh' content of me and my bike you can follow my life in pictures here!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Ozrider

by Ozrider

+1 @ Frankie B
Ozrider - Western Australia
Parlee Z5 XL (6055g/13.32lbs) Trek Madone 5.9 (7052-7500g)Jonesman Columbus Spirit (8680g)
Chase your dreams - it's only impossible until it's done