Looking for 2005 Giant TCR Carbon

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Superlite

by Superlite

Anyone got any good links to info on it? Or know, (not guessing) any details about it? Thanks guys.

KB

by KB

On the Giant website there's an article about the new 2004 model that will come out this year. At a guess probably to coincide with the Tour de France. It's claimed to be over a 100 g lighter than the 2003 model. It's name is the the 'Advanced'. The line look more than a conventional frame without the filling around the joint areas normally associated with carbon.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

nzkiwiguy

by nzkiwiguy

cyclingnews had some pics of the t-mobile team bikes for 2004.
Cyclepsort usa mag has an artile on t-mobile with some info on the new bikes.

I think the pic of the new TT bike shows some interesting stuff. Seatstays run into the top tube like the new Kuota Khan. That may be a direction they are going on the new 2005.

It is one sweet ride!
Attachments
giant tt.jpg
gaint t-mobile.jpg

KB

by KB

The frame I've seen on the website is different to this. There's a new model coming out. My local shop has a link with one of Giant's people from the UK and he said it will probably be introduced before the TdF. The models shown above are the same technology as the 2003.

benz76

by benz76

Instead of showing pics of 2003-2004 Giant TCR composite, you'd better link pics of 2005 frames...

I posted it 3 months ago on NEW GIANT FRAMES thread
http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=640&highlight=giant

Bye, Benz.

KB

by KB

Benz - That's the one I've been going on about. Notice the carbon filling around what would be the normal joint areas. The other pics are for the old technology. The 'Advanced' will become the 2005.

Thanks for the pic because the one on the Giant website is miniscule.

asphaltdude

by asphaltdude

Whoops..... no bent seat stays anymore!
Whow! That's a pretty damn nice garage door!

Superlite

by Superlite

Well, assuming that the frame is both nice and light, it's gonna be the heart of my "superlite" bike. I've read both 850g and as low as 830g. Obviously none of these numbers are certin as Giant is still tweaking the frame for production. But 850g, I like the sound of that. Just hope the fork as a nice and lite, maybe 300g? If Ullrich wasn't riding one, I wouldn't have ever considered. Well, assuming he doesn't break "too" many of them. :wink:

Ye Olde Balde One

by Ye Olde Balde One

Superlite wrote:Well, assuming that the frame is both nice and light, it's gonna be the heart of my "superlite" bike. I've read both 850g and as low as 830g. Obviously none of these numbers are certin as Giant is still tweaking the frame for production. But 850g, I like the sound of that. Just hope the fork as a nice and lite, maybe 300g? If Ullrich wasn't riding one, I wouldn't have ever considered. Well, assuming he doesn't break "too" many of them. :wink:

What about the Storck C0.9 with some more production time behind it....

With a 52 x 57.5cm size 12.74lbs bike (that I can take 1/2lb off if I wanted to spend the money and possibly lose the reliability) which has a 1180gm frame, I'd take something that had been around a little longer than a totally new beast, and in your size, you'd find it easy to be below 12lbs with a 900-950gm frame.

I'm now going to duck the stones about to be thrown at me.... :lol:
Ride lightly!

520 Dan

by 520 Dan

Off topic, but does anyone know if Giant has any plans to sell those bad ass TT frames?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mises

by mises

http://www.mdt-products.com/

has some 03 Giant TT frames listed on the front page of their site.