Geometry Focus mares cx 2012 (xl)?

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

tri

by tri

Hello, I'm looking at some different CX-bikes to purchase and came up a tad short on the focus homepage.

Is the there anyone who could help me shed some lights on stack, reach and stand over measurements. Before I try contacting focus themselves.

Trying to find out will can be a somewhat doable frame choice for me. I'm comparing sizes to my Scott Cr1 pro from -08 in xxl (virtual 61cm).

The bike/frame I mean:
http://www.focus-bikes.com/gb/en/bikes/ ... cx-10.html

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

gemm

by gemm

I got my CX in a (L) a few weeks back.
What exactly do you want measured, as mine measures up exactly as per the geometry chart....?!

2oldnslow

by 2oldnslow

I was about to buy a size XL CX1 with the Focus group. However when the dealer went to build it up he found it had been damaged in transit and there was no other stock. I've been offered a size L as an alternative but I'm a bit concerned that with a headtube of only 125mm it's going to be too low. I'm 6'2 with a 34 inch inseam and my roadbike is a 58cm Cervelo Soloist. I can't try the bike out currently so can anyone help on sizing ?

euan

by euan

bear in mind that the fork crown to axle will be something like 4cm taller than on a road fork so the front end will be higher than just the HT indicates.

2oldnslow

by 2oldnslow

"bear in mind that the fork crown to axle will be something like 4cm taller than on a road fork so the front end will be higher than just the HT indicates."

Good point Euen thanks I've just checked and the 3T fork on my Cervelo has an axle to fork dimension of 37cm while the Focus fork is 40cm so that's 3cm accounted for :D

by 104

Make sure you're looking closely at their top tube lengths. An XL only has a virtual top tube of 571mm. The large is only 554mm top tube. If you're riding a 58cm Soloist you're already riding a 580mm top tube. If you're running a 110mm stem on your soloist and want the same reach on the CX you're going to be searching for a 130-140mm stem.

euan

by euan

Depending on the seat angle.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

yeagermeister

by yeagermeister

If your still considering the focus, I just got mine in. 2012 ax1 in an XL. I'm also 6'2" 34 inseam and it fits perfectly, let me know if you want any measurements off of it.