More wheel questions

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

limba

by limba

Mavic Ksyrium SSC are $1368.50 tax included.
Dura Ace hubs, Mavic Open Pro, alloy nipples, DT Revolution Spokes etc are $758.59 which includes tax and labour
The above wheelset with Chris King Hubs $1121.96 which includes tax and labour.
American Classic 420 wheelset $1263.85 includes tax.
All prices are Canadian.I weigh 135 right now 130 in the summer.I can't get Tune hubs here so forget about them.
Out of the above wheelsets which would you get and why?Thanks.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Bruiser

by Bruiser

Limba, it also depends on the style of riding you will be doing.

I would buy the 420's for their area performance, weight and cost.

Dura Ace and Kyriums are rather heavy, but if you are not accelerating or climbing that's not a major probelm.

Check out the thread http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=550
for weight and soon price comparison.

Brian

Jazzer

by Jazzer

I have a pair of am-classic 420's with sapim cx-ray spokes. They are very sweet! :P
To be honest, I just got them a few weeks ago, and it's still winter here, so no riding on them yet. I compared many wheelsets / custom builds, and asked for opinions everywhere, and I ended up with the am-classics. Of course try them if you have a chance to.

nzkiwiguy

by nzkiwiguy

go to www.speeddream.com and get a custom set built for you

R 359:
A breakthrough in lightweight clincher design featuring American Classic's new CR350 rim. At 360 gms they are lighter than most tubular rims. Novell rolling technique allows a lighter extrusion than ever before while retaining normal strength, for the ultimate in low rotational weight. Hubs are the same as the Aerolite wheels. Spokes are Wheelsmith; oval 15 gm ft, 25 radial, and 32 butted/oval, 3- cross/radial rear.

Ft. 580 gms rear 810 gms $529.00
fast but strong

cadence90

by cadence90

nzkiwiguy wrote:go to www.speeddream.com and get a custom set built for you

R 359:
A breakthrough in lightweight clincher design featuring American Classic's new CR350 rim. At 360 gms they are lighter than most tubular rims. Novell rolling technique allows a lighter extrusion than ever before while retaining normal strength, for the ultimate in low rotational weight. Hubs are the same as the Aerolite wheels. Spokes are Wheelsmith; oval 15 gm ft, 25 radial, and 32 butted/oval, 3- cross/radial rear.

Ft. 580 gms rear 810 gms $529.00
fast but strong

I agree that the SpeedDream wheels are super: they're light, strong, the hubs are solid, good price/value, and Dave Thomas will also customize wheelsets however you want, Sapim's, spoke count, hubs, rims; quality work, the real deal. :!:
"Gimondi è un eroe umano, che viene sconfitto ma che continua la sua corsa fino a tornare a vincere." - Enrico Ruggeri