AX Lightness...???

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

gumgardner

by gumgardner

I just got an email from AX Lightness saying that they are no longer supplying parts to the United States because of Warranty issues. They are in the process of resolving these issues but are not saying when or even if they will sell to the US in the future. WTF? This definitely opens the door wider for POP, Dash, THM, etc

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

rohin

by rohin

WHOA!!! thats crazy.

warranty issues... sounds really vague, and lame.

gumgardner

by gumgardner

Yup. I emailed them to get some Info for a product and got that response. Honestly...it's not like they warranty anything anyway, even though their site says they do. :noidea:

bikewithnoname

by bikewithnoname

Maybe some 90kg US lawyer broke his AX seatpost and is suing them despite not reading the weight restriction?

I stress this is just speculation
"We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities." Oscar Wilde

gumgardner

by gumgardner

Welcome to America!! :D

wshiong

by wshiong

too many failure parts, they should write like this gurantee super lightweight but no gurentee on broken parts, design for show purpose only.
Passoni Mirror

Passoni Xxti

djconnel

by djconnel

Idiots expect that buying stuff designed to be bleeding edge light can handle abuse. If such stuff can handle abuse, it isn't bleeding edge light. There should be a place in the market for "at your own risk".

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

If a company successfully defends themselves against a lawsuit, does the plaintiff have to pay the legal expenses of the defendant?
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

gumgardner

by gumgardner

djconnel wrote:Idiots expect that buying stuff designed to be bleeding edge light can handle abuse. If such stuff can handle abuse, it isn't bleeding edge light. There should be a place in the market for "at your own risk".

Is normal road riding, within the weight limit considered abuse?

gumgardner

by gumgardner

prendrefeu wrote:If a company successfully defends themselves against a lawsuit, does the plaintiff have to pay the legal expenses of the defendant?

NO they would have to countersue for losses. That's why you hope frivolous law suits get thrown out of court.

bricky21

by bricky21

Has AX ever actually been sued by a US customer?

djconnel

by djconnel

gumgardner wrote:
djconnel wrote:Idiots expect that buying stuff designed to be bleeding edge light can handle abuse. If such stuff can handle abuse, it isn't bleeding edge light. There should be a place in the market for "at your own risk".

Is normal road riding, within the weight limit considered abuse?

What's "normal road riding"? If I pull out my Dremel and go at it, I recognize the part may be compromised if I direct-hit a pothole at speed. Maybe that's a risk I'm willing to take. The fact is any part may fail with a direct hit on a pothole: I bent two rims a few weeks ago with a direct strike during a morning commute ride. I didn't return the rims for warranty replacement. Similarly my saddle fell off the bike (fortunately after the race I had just ridden) after I nailed a bump on a descent because my kludged-up KCNC clamp attached to my Thomson post wasn't optimally adjusted. Saddle was fine, but that was a clear case of user error, but had I stuck with the original super-solid Thomson clamp it wouldn't have happened. If you want light, it involves compromise, even for "normal riding". If you want bomb-proof, and we all encounter bombs along the way, be willing to move away from bleeding edge.

TCx

by TCx

I'm surprised anyone actually managed to get their hands on anything made by AX.
They seem to have so many 'production issues' I can't believe people actually wait to get their hands on their stuff. :noidea:
Three months waiting for cranks, difficulty paying as the payapl account they said they had doesn't exist, after being told they would be here next week, I've now been told it will be a minimum of 10 weeks :(
I won't be buying any AX Lightness stuff, unless I can walk away with it in my hands in future. I think their business model / plan needs looking at !

wshiong

by wshiong

probally too much demand from all over the world. no time for customer service.
Passoni Mirror

Passoni Xxti

coloclimber

by coloclimber

That is too bad. AX has been pretty solid in my experience for the extreme weights.
I miss Nils..

I know that cyclingtechnology still has AX items in stock including rims. Get them while you can.
-Deacon Doctor Colorado Slim

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com