R.I.P. Pantani

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Francois_Viviers

by Francois_Viviers

He often made me laugh, with his sayings. He will be rembered as someone who brought colour and flair to the peleton. And one of the greatest climbers of all time.

nikh

by nikh

Arrivederci Pantani, may you rest in peace.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

cadence90

by cadence90

RESTA IN PACE, GRANDE CAMPIONE

ImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImage
"Gimondi è un eroe umano, che viene sconfitto ma che continua la sua corsa fino a tornare a vincere." - Enrico Ruggeri

Superlite

by Superlite

Rest in peace buddy. I'll miss him and his ability to liven up a race. He was one of the greatest climbers of his generation. Lets remember him as the great man he was.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id= ... feb15news1
Attachments
Il Pirata.  Rest in peace.
Il Pirata. Rest in peace.

mises

by mises

I have spent the last few weeks on the computrainer watching the 1995 and 1998 Tour de France tapes and the 1998 Giro and now this. It's just hard to believe and imagine what he went through to get to that point. While Armstrong has inspired me dealing with life's travails, Pantani inspired me on the bike more than anyone. I loved to watch him climb.
Attachments
Zoncolan 2003
Zoncolan 2003

KB

by KB

Peace at last. It's terrible that he's gone, but he suffers no more. In my life I have seen 3 great rides that stand above all others. Merckx in 69 on the 4 cols in the Pyrenees when he destroyed the whole field; Lemond in 89 when he won on the Champs Elysee; lastly Marco in 98 on the Galibier in the rain when he took flight to beat Ulrich.

There have been 2 great tragedies for me: Simpson on the Ventoux in 67 and now this. It's a terrible blow for the sport.

Marco Pantani was a throwback to another era. The world looks very grey this morning.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ras11

by ras11

Our brave friend, you ride into the clouds again. Thanks for the love and heart you've given this sport and this life. You will be missed and cherished.
:-) Toys-R-Us