BMC 2011 TE01

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

JRixon

by JRixon

G'day,

Here is my BMC TE01. I recently upgraded from a TE05 framset to this. Tomorrow morning will be the first ride, hopefully my brother can bring some scales. I'm thinking mid 10's

Frame: MY2011 BMC TE01
Fork: RockShox SID Race 2010
Headset: Cane Creek Integrated (OEM BMC item)
Stem: 3T ARX Team 120mm
Bars: 3T Xida Team cut down to 570mm
BB: TruVativ GXP Team
Cranks:Sram GXP I
Chainrings; TA Chinook 42/28
Saddle: BMC Scor
Cassette: SRAM PG-1070 11-32
FD: Sram X-0 2x10
RD: SRAM X-9 2x10 Mid-Cage
Brakes: Sram/Avid X-0
Rotor F: Shimano XTR 160mm Ice-Tec
Rotor R: Shimano XTR 160mm
Shifters: SRAM X-7 2x10
Grips: ESI Chunky Black
Rims: NoTubes ZTR Olympic
Spokes and Nips: DT Comps 2/1.8/2 and DT Red Alloy Pro Lock Nipples
Tires Front: Maxxis Crossmark LUST 2.25
Tires Rear: Maxxis Crossmark LUST 2.1
Tubes: Stan's Kit (Yellow tape and 6g valve stems)
Cables: SRAM Cables
Bottle Cage: Zipp Speed Cage- White

Frameset weight- 1215g including hanger, seat clamp, cable guide and cable mounts x3.

On the upgrade list is-
New cranks- either Rotor 3D 2x or XX 42/28 166Q GXP's
Lighter Seatpost- I have a 3T Dorico from the TE05, but it's too short to work on this frame- major bummer.
Skewers- Aerozine Ti MTB to replace the old XT's that are fitted

I could go lighter tires, but I'm happy with the Crossmarks. Maybe when they've worn out I'll try something different. I had RaRa's previously on the TE05, but a couple of sidewall cuts spoiled that party.

Jamo

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Tallboy

by Tallboy

Ooh I like!
Pity that 3T post doesn't fit, that'd be the icing on the cake for me!
Know does it ride, and reports? I can get a good deal on one of these at the moment, very tempted having seen yours!
"I want to absorb all of your pop culture"

JRixon

by JRixon

Little update,

Had a few rides on it, one of which was a 4 hour. Very happy with the frame. It's a lot quieter than the TE05 (alloy) that it replaced, and less brutal if you have a few moments in the saddle (I think thats the TCC seat stays doing their thing). Also feels very well planted for a HT, although I got my fork serviced before swapping frames, so that will have contributed. The biggest difference is the BB stiffness. Feels like I get a lot more out of a bigger gear than the old frame. The 800g weight difference is very noticeable.

I've got a Thomson Elite setback post on the way (a Masterpiece would have been 10mm too short, just like my Dorico!) and some XX cranks (28/42 156Q GXP). I plan to get some Maxxis Ikon's in the very near future which alone should drop about 450g of rotating mass!

Once everything is installed I'll get a reliable weight, because I know how annoying it is to read about a build and not have the weight listed.

Tallboy and kgt- do it, they really are lovely frames, and the layup looks fantastic!

Jamo

JRixon

by JRixon

Hey Weenies,

Since the last update my XX cranks (42/28 175mm 156Q) and Thomson Elite post have arrived. I am stoked with the front shifting. I didn't know how bad mine was until I tried the XX chainrings. Reduction in Q factor is nice (156 down from 170), I've noticed less rub on the crank arms and things feel more in alignment. The post has a bit more flex than the Ritchey making the ride a bit more comfortable.

Currently the bike is sitting on 10.2kg, and once my Ikon's arrive it'll be down to 9.7kg.

I have decided to upgrade to a 2012 Lefty Ultra PBR, using the Project 321 kit from RLC Sport. After having a ride on my brothers Yeti Arc with the same Lefty, I am sold. It's looking like a mid October purchase. I'm going to lace the 321 hub to my Olympic rim with DT Comps, to match the current front and rear setup.

Going from the SID to the lefty means changing the following-

Out with-
SID Fork- 1482g with cut steerer
XTR Ice Tech Centre Lock rotor- 126g including lock ring
XT Hub- 228g
XT QR- 59g

Total- 1895g

In with-
Lefty Ultra PBR- 1334g
P321 Steerer- 149g uncut
P321 Hub- 125g
IS to Post Mount adaptor- 15g
Avid HS1 160mm 6-Bolt Rotor- 91g

Total- 1714g
Saving of- 181g

That will put it at about 9.5/9.6kg.

JAWN

by JAWN

Very nice. What chainstay protector do you have on that? Is it a Lizard skin? If so, is it "Jumbo"?

fastvegan

by fastvegan

I brought this back from the archives, Wondering how the frame has held up over the past few years? I am looking into buying a used one.

Thanks

andy12

by andy12

Why not get a frame that fits and then you could use the seatpost !

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

Awesome looking bike!