Berk PROTO-TYPE Composites

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

Yes, in real it really looks nice.

And some news for all MTB weight weenies!

Here is just one photo from my first PROTO-TYPE MTB bar, just out of the mould:

UD finish with 3K in the clamping area

This one is only an experiment and soon I'll make a new one that will be also for use. Otherwise the weight of this one is 94g and I think that it can be done <100g without any risk. Will see, I'll sure keep you updated, will make a few tests etc.,..

P.S. I changed the title of this topic from "Berk PROTO-TYPE 3" to "Berk PROTO-TYPE Composites", because I'll post here also other parts and future projects. Hope that it's ok if it's in the Introduce yourself section.

CarpetFibre

by CarpetFibre

That is sick! Nice one Jure. I'd like to see what you can do for a road handlebar... any plan to make one in the future? :beerchug:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Ravenmore

by Ravenmore

Bummed - for some reason I can't see most of the pics in the thread. Might be work blocking something.

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

CarpetFibre wrote:That is sick! Nice one Jure. I'd like to see what you can do for a road handlebar... any plan to make one in the future? :beerchug:

Yes, that would be the next step :thumbup:...but first I'll experiment a bit with those MTB bars, I'll also test it before I'll use it on a bike. If I'll make a good MTB bar then I'm sure that also a road bar shouldn't be a problem. But the shape is much more complicated, but it's sure possible to make also a road bar.

Today I just finished with another seatpost/saddle combo.
Also this time in UD, 27.2mm and with c64 saddle shape. Here just one quick photo, will make some new photos tomorrow:

@Ravenmore
Really? That's strange - I upload with tinypic.com

Ravenmore

by Ravenmore

yep - I just get red x's where most of the pics are. A few come through though for some reason. The problem is probably on my end. I'll check it out when I get home - really want to see the pics. :)

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

Ravenmore wrote:yep - I just get red x's where most of the pics are. A few come through though for some reason. The problem is probably on my end. I'll check it out when I get home - really want to see the pics. :)

Ok, hope you'll see them then and that other members don't have that problem with the pics (!?) otherwise I can upload them also somewhere else..

petal666

by petal666

Blocked or doesn't work for me at work but they work fine at home.

USofChay

by USofChay

No problem seeing pics on Mac OSX in Chrome. Nice work, as always.

MrIzoard

by MrIzoard

Very nice MTB bar you made!!!

I can test it for you :)

Best Regards
Ulf L.

Ravenmore

by Ravenmore

Hey can see the pics at home. Wow - it came out nice!

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

Thanks for the compliments :thumbup:

About the bar - most probably I'll make a new mould, because this one is unfortunately only 580mm..

I just started with another small project. I'll make a carbon front derailleur braze-on clamp for 34.9mm.
Will see how it will turn out, but it should be fine, otherwise I could make really any diameter if anybody searches for a clamp like that.. Will keep you updated.

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

Just a few days ago I get some saddle rails from a broken SLR, and I'll use them to make my own carbon saddle.

I just made the shell, it's the shape from c64 and together with the carbon SLR rails it should weight just the same as an standard c64, only that this is in UD and probably the only one in UD :mrgreen:. Here just one photo from the wet saddle, just to show you how it should look in the end:

I won't need it and don't really know what will I make with it...I'll make only one because I get the saddle rails and at this moment I'm not working on any saddle rails made by my own,...maybe some day, will see. At this moment I don't have a lot of time, and after the end of this season (2 more races) I'll hopefully have some more time for some new carbon work.
Last edited by Berk on Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bender

by Bender

Berk your work is simply amazing! I cant stop thinking of the things I would make with your skill. I would love to see a disk brake compatible road frame & fork. Riding MTBs for so long I miss the superb braking.

timtri13

by timtri13

simply impressive :thumbup: :thumbup:

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

Thanks!!

@Bender
It would sure be possible, it only takes time... ;)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com