Improvement of FTP?

A light bike doesn't replace good fitness.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Tapeworm

by Tapeworm

For the OP the best thing they can do would be to seek the services of a coach who has experience with young riders (and in my opinion one who has access to a lab and knows training with power).

The worst thing for the OP is to seek unquantifiable answers on the net.
"Physiology is all just propaganda and lies... all waiting to be disproven by the next study."
"I'm not a real doctor; But I am a real worm; I am an actual worm." - TMBG

lotsoftime

by lotsoftime

Blah blah blah

Stop listening to all these critics and focus on your training. Next season is yours for the taking, just stop listening to all these fools and stay focused!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

lotsoftime

by lotsoftime

Tapeworm wrote:For the OP the best thing they can do would be to seek the services of a coach who has experience with young riders (and in my opinion one who has access to a lab and knows training with power).

The worst thing for the OP is to seek unquantifiable answers on the net.

This comment is as good as gold.

ponka00

by ponka00

Thanks for the advice! (Especially Tapeworm) :)

I have had some help setting up my training plan for the winter months and I feel quite confident that I should be able to pull it of. Next season should be good :P

Krull

by Krull

Tapeworm wrote:There is no reason why power cannot be used over HR. I personally don't see the the point of HR if you do have power (its a rather useless metric, like speed, if used in isolation).

If you don't have a power meter then fine but otherwise this makes no sense.

´
i agree.

jmilliron wrote:I highly recommend reading this:
http://www.peakscoachinggroup.com/Artic ... _level.pdf

great article, thanks for posting. but maybe a little to much for the young thread-opener. :wink:

OJ

by OJ

Krull wrote:great article, thanks for posting. but maybe a little to much for the young thread-opener. :wink:

Second this one. That next level article comes to play little bit later on.
http://demarere.blogspot.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

chase196126

by chase196126

Krull wrote:
great article, thanks for posting. but maybe a little to much for the young thread-opener. :wink:

I agree wholeheartedly. The Hunter Allen method is effective, but if you over do you can completely ruin a season. A guy I race with at local races attempted this schedule this past winter. He has many years of training with power, but even so he hit it so hard during the winter that he completely destroyed his season. Burnt out in March and unable to recover until almost half way through the summer.