Carbon bike on rollers

A light bike doesn't replace good fitness.

Moderator: Moderator Team

CarlTroy

by CarlTroy

Hi! Just wanted to make sure it was okay to use my carbon bike on rollers? :roll:
Sorry if this has been covered before, i tried to use the search function..
thanks

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

Yes :roll: Congratulations, this is a first.

I am interested in knowing your thoughts on why you might think of not put a carbon bike on rollers.
I never took drugs to improve my performance at any time. I will be willing to stick my finger into a polygraph test if anyone with big media pull wants to take issue. If you buy a signed poster now it will not be tarnished later. --Graeme Obree

Rick

by Rick

No problem. I have been doing it with two carbon bikes for a couple years.

CarlTroy

by CarlTroy

Rick wrote:No problem. I have been doing it with two carbon bikes for a couple years.

Thank you! :thumbup:

@stella-azzurra: I just wasn't sure the forces the bike has to withstand while on rollers were the same when on the road. I know i should have conducted a scientific research before opening my mouth, bear with me, Isaac! :wink:

fayrwerks

by fayrwerks

only thing you need to watch out for is the sweat on bike parts...
“Maximize strength to weight through optimized geometry” -ZG

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

CarlTroy wrote:I just wasn't sure the forces the bike has to withstand while on rollers were the same when on the road.

What would make one assume otherwise?
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

CarlTroy

by CarlTroy

prendrefeu wrote:
CarlTroy wrote:I just wasn't sure the forces the bike has to withstand while on rollers were the same when on the road.

What would make one assume otherwise?

Different contact points i dunno...jesus if i'd known that my precaution would cause such turmoil i would have stayed quiet and just take the risk.. :roll: :wink: Keyword is precaution!

Thanks

UD77

by UD77

I would not worry about rollers. Now trainers that hold the bike by compressing the skewer, that's a whole different story.

Rick

by Rick

I would not worry about rollers. Now trainers that hold the bike by compressing the skewer, that's a whole different story.

Huh ? I've been doing that too!
:oops:
I have a Cyclops Fluid2 and Nashbar parabolic rollers. I don't worry about any "odd forces" on either. But I use moderate clamping force on the trainer; just enough to take out any play.

MrWATTperKG

by MrWATTperKG

Completely OK and safe to use...well at least until you fall off the rollers :)

Geoff

by Geoff

Even that is no problem. I watched my wife crash on rollers. She just stopped! I was so surprised to see that at the time, but it makes sense as she had no inertia. In my mind, I expected her to go flying down the hallway!

MaLóL

by MaLóL

Geoff wrote:Even that is no problem. I watched my wife crash on rollers. She just stopped! I was so surprised to see that at the time, but it makes sense as she had no inertia. In my mind, I expected her to go flying down the hallway!

hahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!
Happy trails !!!!!

CarlTroy

by CarlTroy

Also...I'm going to use Vittoria's Hometrainter tyres, but was wondering if it was safe to use latex inners for 'rolling', because Michelin latex inners are all i have now? ( Heat management )

Xenon

by Xenon

CarlTroy wrote:Also...I'm going to use Vittoria's Hometrainter tyres, but was wondering if it was safe to use latex inners for 'rolling', because Michelin latex inners are all i have now? ( Heat management )

Hm, enough money to spend for extra hometrainer tyres, but not enough to by Butyl inners?
However, neither trainer tyres nor regular tyres get so hot that the inner explodes or melts or whatever you feared.
--> Use it, don't worry.

If it would get flat, I wouldn't expect you to have an accident (you're still on your hometrainer)... :mrgreen:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

Geoff wrote:Even that is no problem. I watched my wife crash on rollers. She just stopped! I was so surprised to see that at the time, but it makes sense as she had no inertia. In my mind, I expected her to go flying down the hallway!

:lol: