Cannondale Super Six EVO: Released w/ pics

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

No Cannondale at the Interbike Outdoor Demo. :cry:
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jumpman

by jumpman

I've not posted until now but felt compelled to say something after today.

I've been riding a 2011 Hi-mod 1 with DR7900. The only change has been a set of Corima MCC with contis and I use Look Keo carbons. I've loved my bike since i got it at the beginning of the year and loved it more after the wheel change. It just climbs so effortlessly. Today, I test rode the EVO with SRAM "Black" Red (team colours) and Mavic Cosmic Carbon wheels and the difference is dramatic. Its just like my SSix but more (or less I suppose). For every input (same piece of road and same hills) I put in on both frames, the EVO felt like it gave back that bit more.

After the test ride, I had no hesitations in trading in. I swapped my wheels and pedals over. The guys at my shop put it on the scale out of curiosity. 13lbs for a 50cm frame.

Even now, I'm staring at it and falling in love with my NEW bike all over again. :)
2011 Cannondale Evo Team, SRAM Red, Corima MCC on Conti comps, Ciamillo Carbon Zero G(taken off all Ciamillo crap), Look Keo Carbon, 3T ARX Ltd stem, Carbon Ti skewers

2ndgen

by 2ndgen

jumpman wrote:I've not posted until now but felt compelled to say something after today.

I've been riding a 2011 Hi-mod 1 with DR7900. The only change has been a set of Corima MCC with contis and I use Look Keo carbons. I've loved my bike since i got it at the beginning of the year and loved it more after the wheel change. It just climbs so effortlessly. Today, I test rode the EVO with SRAM "Black" Red (team colours) and Mavic Cosmic Carbon wheels and the difference is dramatic. Its just like my SSix but more (or less I suppose). For every input (same piece of road and same hills) I put in on both frames, the EVO felt like it gave back that bit more.

After the test ride, I had no hesitations in trading in. I swapped my wheels and pedals over. The guys at my shop put it on the scale out of curiosity. 13lbs for a 50cm frame.

Even now, I'm staring at it and falling in love with my NEW bike all over again. :)

Nice! And those are the only opinions that really count;
the opinion of someone who's actually "ridden" the darn thing! LOL
:thumbup: Congrats!

djconnel

by djconnel

I could resist no longer - I stopped during my ride today to test ride the Evo chaos888 had ordered than passed on when he bought his Foil instead.

It was slightly small, but only because Cannondale has unusually close spacing on frames; I could have made do with this one, which is close to my Fuji. Bars were too wide and too shallow, but otherwise the bike felt great. It climbed fine, felt really good descending, and there was a distinct lack of ringing when I hit potholes.

On an even choice versus the 2007 Fuji the Evo wins, but not by a huge margin. But the reason I've been riding the Ritchey so much is during the week I take my bike on the train and bikes get abused on the train. I'd not expose the Evo to that either. But if I were in the market for a carbon bike or I was racing more it would be an attractive choice. It rode very nicely.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

2ndgen

by 2ndgen

Difference in these two bikes? Just over 3lbs and $7,000.

I can't wait to get my hands on a Red EVO and commence to swappin'.
Hollowgrams, Enves, Cockpit...<$5,000. Done. $10,000. custom tailored to me.
I can't see why I couldn't get it to the mid-13's easy though.

Luca79

by Luca79

I can't understand why, but the Ultimate looks incredible and so much better than the Red version to my eyes.

njleach

by njleach

Luca79 wrote:I can't understand why, but the Ultimate looks incredible and so much better than the Red version to my eyes.

The Red version doesn't look that good online/in the catalogue but in person it is a sweet looking ride - but yes the Ultimate in matte black is a superb looking machine - here is mine @ 5.3kg with pedals/cages:

I dare say though that the nicest looking frame of the lot might be the di2 with the Evo in gloss on the top-tube on an otherwise matte frame - haven't yet seen one in person though!

Luca79

by Luca79

Awesome pic and ridiculously cool looking bike!

eric

by eric

Which brakes are those? They don't look like the Gravitas that were on the show bikes.

Luca79

by Luca79

Brakes are TRP 970SL (stock on this bike)

2ndgen

by 2ndgen

Luca79 wrote:I can't understand why, but the Ultimate looks incredible and so much better than the Red version to my eyes.

Post, saddle, blacked out wheelset & crankset make a huge difference aesthetically IMO.
(or it could be your eyes picking up the digital numbers on the scale! LOL )

2ndgen

by 2ndgen

njleach wrote:The Red version doesn't look that good online/in the catalogue but in person it is a sweet looking ride - but yes the Ultimate in matte black is a superb looking machine - here is mine @ 5.3kg with pedals/cages:

I dare say though that the nicest looking frame of the lot might be the di2 with the Evo in gloss on the top-tube on an otherwise matte frame - haven't yet seen one in person though!

Very true. The RED in person is gorgeous. And yes, The Ultimate does look better. :thumbup:
But, a RED with Hollograms, an all black Arione & cockpit + a set of 58mm carbon clinchers?
Hawtness. :mrgreen:

I always wanted a carbon twin to my CAAD9.
Only the CAAD10-1 is nicer IMO color-wise with it's Ghost Lettering.

I'm working on "thinning" out my 9's profile with an Edge/Enve stem, an Arione
saddle, a black KMC chain, a set of black Praxis rings & bolts and a set of 58mm's.
But I'm lovin' how that RED/Ultimate scheme would compliment my CAAD9.

CourageousLion
Shop Owner

by CourageousLion

Only 3 pounds and $7,000 dollars difference? I think I'll go on a diet and loose 3 pounds.
None are more hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free...

djconnel

by djconnel

Or you can lose the weight AND get the light bike :).

The top end bikes are never a bargain. Better to go to second-tier and weenie it down. Cheaper and lighter.

CBRE

by CBRE

CourageousLion wrote:Only 3 pounds and $7,000 dollars difference? I think I'll go on a diet and loose 3 pounds.

lost 3#'s off my Evo Red for less than $2000.
Curt Brown

2016 Cannondale EVO Etap 13.8#'s
2012 Cannondale Supersix EVO etap 13.7#'s
2017 Cannondale SUPER X Force 16.0#'s
2016 Cannondale FatCad2 28.1#'s
2011 Cannondale Carbon Flash 1 17.9#'s

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com