Building up a Chinese Carbon Hardtail(making a chainguide!)

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

knef

by knef

I see you made another chainguide. Looks better now :)

What's that goo below the seatmast topper? Did you add epoxy because the diametre did not match, or is it just excess grease/carbon paste?

facelessfools

by facelessfools

knef wrote:I see you made another chainguide. Looks better now :)

What's that goo below the seatmast topper? Did you add epoxy because the diametre did not match, or is it just excess grease/carbon paste?

an added layer of carbon to match the seat topper. the frame had an odd size so a quick layer of epoxy and carbon fixed it. not the cleanest right now but ill touch it up later.

and this chainguide version is working much better then the other could have. i'm looking into replication of them now so if anyones interested pm me.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

facelessfools

by facelessfools

ver. 2 chainguide. :)

25g on my scale. has an adjustable range should fit up to 38-32t easy. to adjust the outward from the frame you just have to trim the spacers( right now they extend out as far as the 3rd ring would on my extralight.

bikemaniack

by bikemaniack

You can always put here some carbon bolts

facelessfools

by facelessfools

bikemaniack wrote:You can always put here some carbon bolts

ya there lighter but they cost more.. i got the nylon ones from a local hardware shop. and they can be dye'd colors.

facelessfools

by facelessfools

Brake: KCNC X7............................................. .......................169/187
Brake Rotor: kcnc/Ashima 160 & Scrub .......................... ...............87/58
Brake Rotor Bolts: 6ti 6blue alloy............................................. ................24
Cables: powercords........................................ .........................................4g
Bottle Cage:Karbona Wing x2.............................................. ...................51g
Cassette: 11-36 XX............................................... ................. .................210g
Chain: kmc sl10................................. .........................................?
Chainguide:.................................................................................................17g
Crankset: extralite e bones .................................................. .......................502
Chain Ring: Homebrewed 35t............................................... .........................40
Bolts: Toronto........................................... .................................................. ...?
Derlr (R): sram x.0 with toronto pullys, alloy bolts + 09 med derailleur cage + carbon inner plate .......181g
Fork: Magura durin sl+starnut........................................ ............................1357
Frame: Carbon............................................ ..........................................1423
Grips: bonty xxx light............................................ .................................20
Handlebar: KCNC sc bone.............................................. ........................115
Headset: China............................................. . .........................................84g
Pedals: Crank Bro's egg beater 2ti with ward axles.....................................182
Seat: Bonty evoke carbon............................................ ... ........................144g
Seatpost clamp: Tune Cappy Blue.............................................. ................72g
Shifters: xx rear.............................................. ...................................... ....91g
Skewers: TI w/ Carbon Handle............................................ ........................43
Stem: rotor sl2 .................................................. .....................................97g
Top cap/spacers: Fairwheel and pops(5mm,10mm).......................... .....6+4=10g
Tire (Front): Conti. Xking 2.2 pacestar.......................................... .............485g
Tire (Rear): Conti. Xking 2.2 pacestar.......................................... ..............484g
Wheelset: 1305g
Wheel Front: 592g
Hub: Mack 32h Super Light Front ...................................................... ........80g
Rim: NoTubes ZTR Alpine .................................................. .......................326
Spokes: DT 1.8's (because a stiff wheel is a better wheel) w/ nipple's............186
Wheel Rear: 713g
Hub: Mack 32h Super Light Rear.............................................. .................200g!
Rim: NoTubes ZTR Alpine............................................ ............................. 327
Spokes: DT 1.8's w/ nipples........................................... ..........................186
Rim tape:............................................. . .................................................1 6g
Valves: Blue alloy + purly collars....................................... ........................8g

in the process of making 4 more. beveled the bolt holes too

krzysiekmz

by krzysiekmz

I wanted to suggest using flat or button head screws, but I see you got around it and it looks best. I would take off r2-bike decal and do something with the chainstay protector. The blue accents look great. Are you thinking of selling the other 4 chainguides?

Chris.
Orbea Oiz - xxxx
MSC Koncept Carbon Di2 - 6955g
Leichtkraft Team Carbon - 6868g.

facelessfools

by facelessfools

krzysiekmz wrote:I wanted to suggest using flat or button head screws, but I see you got around it and it looks best. I would take off r2-bike decal and do something with the chainstay protector. The blue accents look great. Are you thinking of selling the other 4 chainguides?

Chris.

i was trying to find a clear vinyl to use as a protector but i wasn't able to find it at the local hardware shops :/

I like the r2 stickers, but there is a kcnc one on the headtube that has got to go.

i do plan on selling the 5 chainguides. the one pictured is ready for sale as it sits.