Castelli fit question

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

ty-ro

by ty-ro

I want to order some Castelli Aero Free bibs and jersey, but don't know the right size. In Vermarc I wear Large bibs and Small jersey. Anyone know the appropriate Castelli sizes?

lordconqueror

by lordconqueror

they run small, my club's kit is through them and their large jerseys fit more like a medium squadra or voler.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

fdegrove
Tubbie Guru

by fdegrove

Hi,

Just like most of the Italo wear, they run smallish.

My advise would be to try in a shop first before ordering online. Assuming this is what you have in mind.

Lovely clothes though. 8)

Ciao, ;)
Being a snob is an expensive hobby.

lanierb

by lanierb

Castelli has really good sizing information on their website (and some of their resellers pass it along). It shows lots of different body measurements for each size. I would use that as a guide. It worked perfectly for me.
CLB

tosterbe

by tosterbe

In Voler I wear a L bib and L jersey. We did our kit with castelli and I am XL bibs and XL jersey. These were the aero race bibs and the standard full zip jersey, FWIW.

I am 6'1" 195.

SpeedConcept

by SpeedConcept

Here is the URL Address from the Castelli Website which shows their size charts :

http://castelli-cycling.com/img/sizecha ... =128488971

ty-ro

by ty-ro

According to the chart, it puts me somewhere smaller than a size Small, but I'm 6'1" with a 36" inseam.

Geoff

by Geoff

I wear a 'Medium' bib and a 'Small' jersey. I am 5' 9" and 129 lbs (race weight, 133 lbs now :oops:). The 'extra small' jersey has sleeves that are too short.

sungod

by sungod

i find castelli's sizing guides are usually ok for bibs (use the waist size), jerseys, jackets (use the chest size)

only exceptions i've found are the aero jerseys, i have to go up one size otherwise they are too tight

lanierb

by lanierb

ty-ro wrote:According to the chart, it puts me somewhere smaller than a size Small, but I'm 6'1" with a 36" inseam.

The chart is in cm, so your inseam makes you 3XL (obviously only relevant for tights/pants).

sungod wrote:i find castelli's sizing guides are usually ok for bibs (use the waist size), jerseys, jackets (use the chest size)
only exceptions i've found are the aero jerseys, i have to go up one size otherwise they are too tight

I have both the regular aero jersey and the body paint skinsuit. I'm about a 42" chest right now, which is 107cm, or slightly larger than an XL. My waist is 32", which puts me at a M. I got XL's in both the aero jersey and the skinsuit and both fit me well. The skinsuit is perhaps a hair small on top, but the bottom is a bit on the large side so I wouldn't want to go any larger anyway. The jersey is perfect (it's close fitting, but it's an aero jersey duh).
CLB

Discoverspeed

by Discoverspeed

I have the Castelli aero jersey - you will need definitely one size larger. Problem is with the shoulder seams - they are narrower than normal jerseys.
Current Bikes: S-Works Venge 7.3kg
Storck F.3 5.5kg
Colnago Concept Art Deco CHDK 7/6.5kg
Collection: Team Ti Raleigh 753 Vintage Campy
Ex: Storck F0.6 Di2 6kg, Storck F0.7IS Di2 4.8kg, Storck Aero2 7.04kg Storck Organic Light 11.1kg

ty-ro

by ty-ro

Ok, thanks for the info everyone. I've ordered one size larger.

Mapei down under

by Mapei down under

G'day everyone.

I'm looking for some personal experience help with sizing of Castelli winter jerseys versus their summer ones.

I wear small for their light weight summer gear and it is nice and snug, the way I like them.

There are no retailers near me in SC and I want to buy a couple of winter jerseys as it's still grey and wet here a lot of the time.

My question is whether anyone had found their winter jerseys to be less flexible and stretchable due to the thicker fabrics compared to the very thin summer gear.

Would I be wise to go up a size in case as I don't want to be wearing a straight jacket or have 2 inches of arm sticking out because the sleeves aren't long enough.

Thanks gang for your help.
"I love a sunburnt country, its sweeping hills and plains. Where the red earth meets the blue sky and it never bloody rains".
Doc Neeson - The Angels (Skin and Bone).

geedawg

by geedawg

Get the same size winter gear as you would summer. I probably have over 100+ pieces of Castelli gear, and it usually fits consistently throughout the range, summer or winter. The only items I have found a little bigger than others are their heavier jackets, which is cut with slightly more room for base layers. But otherwise, the sizing is consistent. Plus most of the winter gear is pretty stretchy anyway.

Which pieces in particular are you looking at? Chances are I might have them or have tried them on. . .

Mapei down under wrote:G'day everyone.

I'm looking for some personal experience help with sizing of Castelli winter jerseys versus their summer ones.

I wear small for their light weight summer gear and it is nice and snug, the way I like them.

There are no retailers near me in SC and I want to buy a couple of winter jerseys as it's still grey and wet here a lot of the time.

My question is whether anyone had found their winter jerseys to be less flexible and stretchable due to the thicker fabrics compared to the very thin summer gear.

Would I be wise to go up a size in case as I don't want to be wearing a straight jacket or have 2 inches of arm sticking out because the sleeves aren't long enough.

Thanks gang for your help.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Mapei down under

by Mapei down under

G'day Geedawg.

I guess I was thinking of the Free jacket or the GPM LZ jersey? My favourite summer jersey is a Velocissimo jersey. It's just too tight across the front of the shoulders when standing straight but when I put my arms forward to ride, it sits just right with no loose fabric to flap around on the front.
I've got reasonably long arms for my size and have always had problems with jerseys that fit my body having too short sleeves.
"I love a sunburnt country, its sweeping hills and plains. Where the red earth meets the blue sky and it never bloody rains".
Doc Neeson - The Angels (Skin and Bone).