Not many Lapierre bikes here...

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

mgrennie

by mgrennie

So here's my Xelius FDJ...
Attachments
Xelius.jpg
Last edited by mgrennie on Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

kgt

by kgt

Looks nice! Bigger pics please.

GT56

by GT56

kgt wrote:Looks nice! Bigger pics please.

And a bigger frame, this one is 1 or 2 size too small......

mgrennie

by mgrennie

I'm not too good with this forum yet, but I made the pic a tiny bit bigger.

Frame does look a bit small, but fit is perfect for me, and exactly the same as my Felt 58cm. Frame weight is also 2/3 what the Felt weighed, or less.

Nothing groundbreaking, but a fun exercise for me inspired by this forum, and to push myself to ride more.

Trying to be cheap is very tough when reading this forum. Many years ago, when I worked in a shop, I would have though my 15.5 lbs was impressive, now it just seems to be a starting point...

GT56

by GT56

mgrennie wrote:I'm not too good with this forum yet, but I made the pic a tiny bit bigger.

Frame does look a bit small, but fit is perfect for me, and exactly the same as my Felt 58cm. Frame weight is also 2/3 what the Felt weighed, or less.

Nothing groundbreaking, but a fun exercise for me inspired by this forum, and to push myself to ride more.

Trying to be cheap is very tough when reading this forum. Many years ago, when I worked in a shop, I would have though my 15.5 lbs was impressive, now it just seems to be a starting point...

It fits because of the stem with a larger rise than our (or at least my) eyes are use to

mgrennie

by mgrennie

Updated Pic:

Better Fitting & Looking Geometry (lowered saddle and put stem correct direction)
New 6700 Brakes (Very Nice!)

irf3

by irf3

Ride is looking great :thumbup: . How do you like the wheels? I'm seriously thinking of getting some and would love a ride report.

mgrennie

by mgrennie

Thanks!

These are my first pair of carbon wheels, so I don't have anything similar to compare them to.
But overall, they have been amazing for me. I live in a hilly area, and without these, I probably wouldn't be riding. My first outing was up a short, steep hill that always kills me. I got to the top wishing I had more power in my legs, because I never felt I got up to the speed the wheels manted to go up. I learned my sprinting technique sucked because my back wheel would skip off the ground when I spun up. They have been great aero-wise compared to my previous wheels. And have not once felt not up to the task on very tricky, potholed descents. And they were $800!

My one complaint is they lead me to upgrade the rest of my bike to carbon around the wheels.
When I started this year, I had a Felt F65 with Ksyriums and ~1300 mi since 2004.
Since June I have put almost 2k on the wheels, and look where my bike is now, and a Cosmic Carbone Powertap will be on it tonight.

mgrennie

by mgrennie

Here's the bike with my hillclimb cassette, new bars, saddle, and topper.
Attachments
Bike- in March 2012
Bike- in March 2012

liam7020

by liam7020

mgrennie wrote:Here's the bike with my hillclimb cassette, new bars, saddle, and topper.

Super looking bike! Me like very very much. The FDJ-Big Mat LaPierre bike is one of the best looking machines in the pro peloton.
Tarmac SL6 & Campag Record EPS https://weightweenies.starbike.com/foru ... 0&t=153968

"Sometimes you don't need a plan. You just need big balls." Tom Boonen

Valbrona
Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

by Valbrona

Frame size looks spot-on to me.

mrfish

by mrfish

Personally I like the Mk1 TT with Competition alloys. Nice.

Wingnut

by Wingnut

I like it! The last pic of it looks the best.

I always wonder how its determined a bike doesn't fit without a rider actually on the bike? ;)

mgrennie

by mgrennie

Thanks!

Here's one more with the powertap. I love that wheel and need to find a match, but it weighs almost as much as my other two put together.
Bike with naked Mavic
Bike with naked Mavic

kgt

by kgt

I find Lapierre frames really simple but sophisticated. Something like the european Trek in my mind. I also like the red/white/blue/carbon look.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com