Not many Lapierre bikes here...

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

mgrennie

by mgrennie

So here's my Xelius FDJ...
Attachments
Xelius.jpg
Last edited by mgrennie on Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

kgt

by kgt

Looks nice! Bigger pics please.

GT56

by GT56

kgt wrote:Looks nice! Bigger pics please.

And a bigger frame, this one is 1 or 2 size too small......

mgrennie

by mgrennie

I'm not too good with this forum yet, but I made the pic a tiny bit bigger.

Frame does look a bit small, but fit is perfect for me, and exactly the same as my Felt 58cm. Frame weight is also 2/3 what the Felt weighed, or less.

Nothing groundbreaking, but a fun exercise for me inspired by this forum, and to push myself to ride more.

Trying to be cheap is very tough when reading this forum. Many years ago, when I worked in a shop, I would have though my 15.5 lbs was impressive, now it just seems to be a starting point...

GT56

by GT56

mgrennie wrote:I'm not too good with this forum yet, but I made the pic a tiny bit bigger.

Frame does look a bit small, but fit is perfect for me, and exactly the same as my Felt 58cm. Frame weight is also 2/3 what the Felt weighed, or less.

Nothing groundbreaking, but a fun exercise for me inspired by this forum, and to push myself to ride more.

Trying to be cheap is very tough when reading this forum. Many years ago, when I worked in a shop, I would have though my 15.5 lbs was impressive, now it just seems to be a starting point...

It fits because of the stem with a larger rise than our (or at least my) eyes are use to

mgrennie

by mgrennie

Updated Pic:

Better Fitting & Looking Geometry (lowered saddle and put stem correct direction)
New 6700 Brakes (Very Nice!)

irf3

by irf3

Ride is looking great :thumbup: . How do you like the wheels? I'm seriously thinking of getting some and would love a ride report.

mgrennie

by mgrennie

Thanks!

These are my first pair of carbon wheels, so I don't have anything similar to compare them to.
But overall, they have been amazing for me. I live in a hilly area, and without these, I probably wouldn't be riding. My first outing was up a short, steep hill that always kills me. I got to the top wishing I had more power in my legs, because I never felt I got up to the speed the wheels manted to go up. I learned my sprinting technique sucked because my back wheel would skip off the ground when I spun up. They have been great aero-wise compared to my previous wheels. And have not once felt not up to the task on very tricky, potholed descents. And they were $800!

My one complaint is they lead me to upgrade the rest of my bike to carbon around the wheels.
When I started this year, I had a Felt F65 with Ksyriums and ~1300 mi since 2004.
Since June I have put almost 2k on the wheels, and look where my bike is now, and a Cosmic Carbone Powertap will be on it tonight.

mgrennie

by mgrennie

Here's the bike with my hillclimb cassette, new bars, saddle, and topper.
Attachments
Bike- in March 2012
Bike- in March 2012

liam7020

by liam7020

mgrennie wrote:Here's the bike with my hillclimb cassette, new bars, saddle, and topper.

Super looking bike! Me like very very much. The FDJ-Big Mat LaPierre bike is one of the best looking machines in the pro peloton.
Tarmac SL6 & Campag Record EPS https://weightweenies.starbike.com/foru ... 0&t=153968

"Sometimes you don't need a plan. You just need big balls." Tom Boonen

Valbrona
Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

by Valbrona

Frame size looks spot-on to me.

mrfish

by mrfish

Personally I like the Mk1 TT with Competition alloys. Nice.

Wingnut

by Wingnut

I like it! The last pic of it looks the best.

I always wonder how its determined a bike doesn't fit without a rider actually on the bike? ;)

mgrennie

by mgrennie

Thanks!

Here's one more with the powertap. I love that wheel and need to find a match, but it weighs almost as much as my other two put together.
Bike with naked Mavic
Bike with naked Mavic

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

kgt

by kgt

I find Lapierre frames really simple but sophisticated. Something like the european Trek in my mind. I also like the red/white/blue/carbon look.