Bianchi Oltre Nero

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

klingej

by klingej

Hi All,

Got myself a Bianchi Oltre for this season and have been riding it for 6 months now, loving every minute of it! Quite stiff and racy but surprisingly comfortable, even if that wasn't a primary concern.

As for the spacer tower... well it's 20mm of spaces and is the result of a Retúl fitting session. I had a slipped disc in my back some years ago and am not as flexible as i might have wanted. However it looks tolerable and the handling doesn't suffer from it.

Bianchi Oltre Nero size 530
SRAM Force
Enve 45 clincher rim / DT Swiss 190 ceramic hubs
25mm Schwalbe Ultremo ZX HD tyres
Challenge latex tubes
3T Ergonova limited handlebar
Raceface 110 mm stem (Temporary - until i get my 110 mm 3T)
Specialized Romin saddle
Tune Bottle cages
Speedplay X1 depals

Chose the Force group as it comes in BB30 and i've always been a SRAM fanboy. The group weight in the BB30 edition is less than 2 kgs, which I'd have to pay 3 times as much for if I'd chosen Record Ultra or some such.

For now I only have the crappy iphone pic, but more will follow.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

majklnajt

by majklnajt

I like it!!

Except for the yellow neon color on the sadlle rails. A black groupset like Rival would give it even more stealth ;)

klingej

by klingej

I totally agree on both counts!

The neon colors on the rails are way off. I'll be painting them black somethime soon using a permanent marker :)

As for the stealthness of the gruppo a project for the winter is to remove all white from the crankarms and the shifters - but I'll need to remove them from the bike before i do that so it'll have to wait until the snow starts - don't want to be without the bike while the weather is still somewhat fair.

Michel

by Michel

very nice! I would like to see a campa groupset on that beautiful Biachni

lcoolb

by lcoolb

No celeste at all? No Campag? Still, cool bike though...

klingej

by klingej

Thanks!

Oh, it has Celeste - just not very much :) To be fair I am not a big fan of the Oltre in the Celeste combination Bianchi has chosen. Now, if they made in FULL celeste, it would be another matter entirely!

As for the Campag.... well, I'm not necessarily of the opinion that Italian bikes need Italian groupsets, be it Colnago, Bianchi or others, but that is entirely a matter of personal taste.. Next upgrade i think would be Di2, not Campag.

/Jonas

lcoolb

by lcoolb

Yeah you're right, Bianchi's current colour schemes are not very convincing. As for the Campag thing, i was just teasing: all that matters is that you enjoy it and ride the hell out of that bike, coz that's what it deserves!

klingej

by klingej

Not to worry, it gets beaten regularly :wink:

HWWilson

by HWWilson

I don't mind that colour scheme at all, not sure whether its supposed to be aero, it looks a lot like a Venge (but nicer)!

deltasierra

by deltasierra

Fantastic. That fork crown is massive.

klingej

by klingej

Thanks!

I guess it's supposed to be sorta aero, but it being Italian designed i think they went for looks more than function: the headtube & downtube are way too wide & massive to be anything near aero compared to say Cervelo S3 or S5, which both looks like a switchblade seen directly from the front or rear... however, the looks works for me and I don't think I'd actually gain much - if anything - by a more aero bike since I'm just a recreational rider.

/Jonas

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Tomstr

by Tomstr

I've just regained concience after seeing that bike. :wink:

Do you have any more photo's? I'm interested about how it rides as well, it should be very comfortable with the wide schwalbes.
Ride it like you stole it