di2 on my cross bikes

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

4crosswheels

by 4crosswheels

hi guys,
im just sorting out 2 di2 groupsets for my cross bikes that ive had resprayed and which i may say look fantastic.They are a custom scott scandium frame because im so tall and have long limbs i run them with easton cx90 forks.However they have no bottle cage mounts,how would you suggest i mount the battery? They run a 31.6 seat post and due to the application i dont want to highly mod them because water will undoubtedly get in.Any ideas?
Bruce

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

row618

by row618

put it under your seat on the back of the seatpost

away for the heavy mud and once your seat is set you do not really need access the the seatbolts unless there is slippage.

that is where i would put it and you do not have alter the frame at all
nathan

4crosswheels

by 4crosswheels

how would i mount it like that then? good idea
Bruce

maxxevv

by maxxevv

Problem would not be modifying the harness if you do not know how, and yet not modifying the frame.

I would suggest cable tie the battery mount bracket to the seatpost. And tug it as high up as possible.

Run the main harness from the the handlebar on the toptube. And run the RD connector wire on the right seatstay.

BUT The harness may not be long enough for the FD connectors and RD connectors if run this way unless you're using a 'Large' harness on an extra-small frameset. I've not tried it that way, but it might work. Good luck!

520 Dan

by 520 Dan

you could drill a small hole in the frame and use one of the new aftermarket internal batteries.

TCx

by TCx

Are there multiple companies offering internal batteries off the shelf? I only know of Calfee if you don't want to butcher the harness yourself. I'm not keen on spending out the kind of money calfee want (and that's before having to ship my new frame to the states to do the work), I'm also not overly confident with a soldering iron, so if anyone does know of any other internal batteries Please let me know. Sorry to hijack your thread slightly.
Can you ever have to many bikes?

4crosswheels

by 4crosswheels

I think that like the felt securing the battery would be good on the seat post its just a question of how do it? Or just zip tie on the down tube?
Bruce

thisisatest
Shop Owner

by thisisatest

just two wires for the battery. i'm sure you could pay somebody to lengthen the wire for you if you're not comfortable with it. it's not hard. since it's cross, though, i would make sure the breaks are sealed with adhesive-lined heat shrink, and another piece of shrink over the two-wire bundle.
for mounting it to the post, or even on the frame in the stock location, you can use something as simple as a pair of zefal "gizmo clamp" bottle cage mounts.
replace the hardware with aluminum or nylon for weightweenieness.

meatcalves

by meatcalves

Are you going Ultegra or Dura-ace?

xnavalav8r

by xnavalav8r

Look here!

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=93379

This is what I am using.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com