Hollowgram SI vs. Hollowgram SI SL?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

KWalker

by KWalker

When my Hollowgrams arrive I can sell you the brand new MK-V rings just pm me and remind me.

Anyone have any tips for the install? The spindle has already been installed (these are a take off, apparently the seller wanted DA 7900 cranks instead). It came with the ceramic BB and the bearing shields as well. Any special washers, etc. I should ask for from my C'Dale dealer before doing the install?
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

tranzformer

by tranzformer

KWalker wrote:When my Hollowgrams arrive I can sell you the brand new MK-V rings just pm me and remind me.

Sounds good.
Last edited by tranzformer on Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MARLON

by MARLON

For all the questions in this thread..
You can run the MKV Chainrings with the 11 Speed SR Chain witout any problem..no issues.
Look at the Stronglight CT2 Rings they are also 10/11 compatibel....
Cheers
BACK IN BLACK

topflightpro

by topflightpro

53x12 wrote:So I am thinking about getting a power meter (probably a SRM) and have both an SI and a newer SISL crankset. One is on my road bike and the other on my TT bike. I only want to have one power meter and switch between the two cranksets. Just curious how easy this would be with an SRM (or a Quarq)? I know I need C-Dale specific parts KT012 and KT013 to loosen the crank arms as well as the spindle. Is it as easy as that and then pop on the powerunit? The Quarq requires the power meter is sent to them to be installed, does that mean I won't be able to move it from one bike to another? Both cranks are standard (130) and same crank arm lengths. Thanks for any help guys.

Yes, you will need those tools.

I have not swapped power meters, but I have swapped spyder's on my SI's so I can switch from standard to compact, and vice versa. It's not terribly difficult to remove the piece holding the spider on. I used a large monkey wrench to hold the KT013. It would probably help if you have a vise to hold the crank, though I did not have one.

As for swapping the Quarq or SRM between two cranks, since they are the same length and BCD, it would probably be easier to just swap the entire Right Crank arm, - Quarq and Rings - between bikes than to take off the Quarq and reinstall it on another arm.

FreaK

by FreaK

Well, since i've still got my System Six, and we just became a cannondale dealer, i'm excited to get in on the SiSl party.

To answer questions about C11 compatibility, I'm using one on my rival group. The rings were pretty crap though, i'd like to try something else.
it's actually possible to come to the conclusion even before realising it makes no sense at all
-
tymon_tm

devinci

by devinci

Im bringing back this thread.

I will receive my si crankset soon. Could anyone tell me what is the weight saving going from si crankarm bolts to sl hollow bolts please?

devinci

by devinci

Bump

I received my si crnakset. My silver solid crank arm bolts weighted in @ 19g for both bolts.

Anyone has the weight of the SL hollow bolts?

jinxkal

by jinxkal

Ahy one know if the Hollow SL will take my new ROTOR Q Rings? Please advise.. Both compact
THIS IS A FASHION STATEMENT !

airwise

by airwise

I'm told it doesn't work if running Campag 11 speed but otherwise yes.

jinxkal

by jinxkal

airwise wrote:I'm told it doesn't work if running Campag 11 speed but otherwise yes.

So basically it will work with my sram force....im just concern if the chain will fit on the crank straight away or not
THIS IS A FASHION STATEMENT !

Bianchi10

by Bianchi10

I'm currently using an FSA SLK crankset. I have always wanted an SI SL crankset but never saw it to be financially realistic. I found a new SI Hollowgram for a good price, but after a little bit of research I saw that there is a difference between the SI and the SI SL Hollowgram.

For $400 Should I pull the trigger or should hold on for the SI SL crankset which will be about 100g lighter than the SI?

NWSAlpine

by NWSAlpine

Hold out. It may take a while but you can get the SISL on ebay for $400-450.

digiadaamore

by digiadaamore

Has anyone got any new info on the new forged hollowgram si? its been coming on the ui2 evo for awhile now and will be on a bunch of models for 2014, someone must know some specs. weight? when it will be available or will it only come on bikes? msrp if they sell it? anything? thanks :up:

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

Sorry to drag this thread up, but can how fit a pair of Hollowgram SISL (which are BB30) onto a BMC SLR which is BB86? What sort of BB adapter would I need? Or should I just forget about it and get a Lightning crankset in BB86 straight away and avoid the additional adapter weight?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com