Cervelo Bbright with Cannondale Hollowgram SiSl ?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

MARLON

by MARLON

Anybody Know that ?
BACK IN BLACK

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

STARNUT

by STARNUT

nope, spider offset is incorrect. The BBright thing requires a 121 or 122 spindle, BB30 is a 104. Even if you managed to get the right spindle the chainline would suck

Starnut
"Don't pedal harder, pedal faster!"
Q-FACTOR IS A RED HERRING

BB30.COM

MARLON

by MARLON

STARNUT wrote:nope, spider offset is incorrect. The BBright thing requires a 121 or 122 spindle, BB30 is a 104. Even if you managed to get the right spindle the chainline would suck

Starnut

Thx starnut!

Thats sad!
BACK IN BLACK

nitropowered

by nitropowered

I thought the BBright Driveside was the same as standard BB30 and they just extended the NDS?

funhog1

by funhog1

In that case the non-drive pedal stance (aka Q-factor) would be off

BB-Right + SiSl = fail
Buy it. & Ride it.
Only if it has a high margin of utility.

STARNUT

by STARNUT

they can space it however they want....... I took the "do not disassemble" cap off a Sram S900 BBright crank to see what was going on. It's a 122 spindle...
Starnut
"Don't pedal harder, pedal faster!"
Q-FACTOR IS A RED HERRING

BB30.COM

spytech

by spytech

STARNUT wrote:they can space it however they want....... I took the "do not disassemble" cap off a Sram S900 BBright crank to see what was going on. It's a 122 spindle...
Starnut

Wanted to revive this thread...

so if an aftermarket spindle (122) was made for the sisl crank, it would or would not work with BBRight??? if not, then why, what is the problem in making it work?

The Rotor 3D+ (plus) cranks work with BB30 and BBRight. do they use a different spindle or the same spindle is used for both? how do they make it work for both platforms?

if anyone can explain and elaborate, it would be appreciated,

thanks in advance.

bricky21

by bricky21

^^^
STARNUT wrote:nope, spider offset is incorrect. The BBright thing requires a 121 or 122 spindle, BB30 is a 104. Even if you managed to get the right spindle the chainline would suck

Starnut

There is only one rotor 3D crank. All modern day outboard bearing cranks work with BB 30 And BB right. The BB right is just a outboard cup on the NDS and a press fit like the Madone on the Drive side. IMO it's just a half ass copy of Treks BB 90...BB right is a bunch of marketing hype.

styrrell

by styrrell

spytech wrote:
STARNUT wrote:they can space it however they want....... I took the "do not disassemble" cap off a Sram S900 BBright crank to see what was going on. It's a 122 spindle...
Starnut

Wanted to revive this thread...

so if an aftermarket spindle (122) was made for the sisl crank, it would or would not work with BBRight??? if not, then why, what is the problem in making it work?

The Rotor 3D+ (plus) cranks work with BB30 and BBRight. do they use a different spindle or the same spindle is used for both? how do they make it work for both platforms?

if anyone can explain and elaborate, it would be appreciated,

thanks in advance.

The Sisl crank is meant to work with a certain length (short) spindle, this spindle is pretty much centered in a BB30 frame, and it ensures that you feet arecenter and the chainline is proper.

If you use a longer 122mm spindle either the non drive foot will be pushed out and you wont be centered, or the driveside foot will be pushed outward and you wont be centered and the chainrings will be pushed to far out for opimal shifting.

The other issue is that the bearings are meant to contact the SiSL spindle in specific places. I'm not sure that happens with a longer spindle. You could get a custom spindle made but it would be a pain and you would still have to compromise on spacing.

Styrrell

thisisatest
Shop Owner

by thisisatest

bricky21 wrote:There is only one rotor 3D crank. All modern day outboard bearing cranks work with BB 30 And BB right. The BB right is just a outboard cup on the NDS and a press fit like the Madone on the Drive side. IMO it's just a half ass copy of Treks BB 90...BB right is a bunch of marketing hype.

you meant Rotor 3d+, as in plus. they make a 3d (not plus) that uses a 24mm spindle, too.
i also consider it at least a 3/4-ass copy, as at least it is designed around a 30mm spindle. No matter what you do, a 30mm spindle will never fit through a bb90/86/92/whatever frame

and i did some measuring, to see if there would be space on a custom spindle to run an SiSL crank on a BBright Cervelo if the left crank arm was allowed to sit right up against the left bearing shield. no go. cant remember exactly the shortcoming (pun!), but it was enough to make me quit trying.

timzcat

by timzcat

The BB right is just a outboard cup on the NDS and a press fit like the Madone on the Drive side

Say what? :shock:

thisisatest
Shop Owner

by thisisatest

timzcat wrote:
The BB right is just a outboard cup on the NDS and a press fit like the Madone on the Drive side

Say what? :shock:

he meant it is effectively, dimensionally, an outboard cup on the NDS. if you install a bsa30 cup (such as a zipp vuma or thm or storck, etc.) into the left side of an english threaded frame and measure from the center of the shell to the left, you get the same distance from center as the left of a bbright frame. 45mm, i think, as in 11mm wider than a standard 68mm shell.
at least that's how i interpreted it.

timzcat

by timzcat

Granted he probably meant that but with no indication of sarcasm or joking that could be really confusing for someone.

bjavern

by bjavern

what do you think? can a hollowgram crankset can be fitted to a bb right bottom bracket using a rotor 4630 adapter? or is there another/better way?

cannondale dont seen to know and rotor wont even answer my emails...

nobody seems able to tell me and im gagging for that crank! however i dont want to use glue or the like, seems to me like that could ruin the frame.

i have a cervelo rs 2011.

any experience or knowledge shared is greatly appreciated!

Cheers

Skickat från min GT-N7100 via Tapatalk 2

eric

by eric

A true BB30 crank will not fit in a BBright frame. The spindle is too short. They only fit in 68mm wide frames. Rotor and Quark 30mm spindle cranks have longer spindles and will fit.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com