This is my first WW bike after 25 years on a steel frame with Campy.
The goal was to get the best balance of: high reliability, light weight and fair cost.
Looks were not high on my priority list, hence stayed with the UD finish, i.e. stealth *** See update in posting 2013 Feb 17 below ***
- Frame: Pedal Force CG1 560mm with ISP 1048g
- Headset: Cane Creek AER ZS headset 74g
- Headset Spacer: M Part Splined Alloy Headset Spacers 15g
- Fork: Pedal Force CGF-05 Full Carbon 1-1/8" 330g
- Topcap & expander: Tune Cap and GumGum 16g
- Crankset: SRAM Force BB30 Compact Crankset 34-50T 172.5mm 645g
- Bottom Bracket: SRAM Force BB30 Press Fit Bearings 39g
- Chain: KMC X10SL Chain 241g
- Front Derailleur: SRAM Force Front Derailleur braze-on 88g
- Rear Derailleur: SRAM Force Rear Derailleur 174g
- Cassette: SRAM Red OpenGlide OG-1090 11-26 Cassette 166g
- Brakes: Planet X Ultra Light CNC Brake Calipers 210g
- Integrated Lever Set: SRAM Force DoubleTap Controls 304g
- Cables: Alligator i-Link (brake and gear) 100g
- Handlebar: Ritchey WCS Logic II 31.8mm 420mm Bar 240g
- Handlebar Tape: Deda Tape : Black 44g
- Stem: Ritchey WCS 4-Axis 44 31.8mm 120mm Stem 154g
- Tubes: (x2) Continental Supersonic 700c 110g
- Tyres: (x2) Veloflex Cosa 700c * 22mm 430g
- Wheelset: Soul S2.0SL 1330g
- Skewers: Token TK233 40g
- wheel tape: veloplugs yellow 6g
- Seatpost: Pedal Force topper 127g
- Saddle: Selle Italia SLR TT 146g
- Pedals (pair): Xpedo Thrust XRF07MT Ti (Look compatible) 195g
- Water Bottle Cage: (x2) Planet X Pro Carbon Bottle Cages- Matt Black 44g
Total Weight: 6.31 kg
Component selections were based on weight savings of typically less than $1/g, e.g. Token skewers saved 50 g at a cost of $45.
The total weight could be further lowered (to sub 6 kg) but at a cost:
- Tune topper & seat, 110+ g lighter at a cost of ~$4/g
- Extralite stem and Zipp SL bar, 130+ g lighter at a cost of ~$3/g
- Either Stans 340 wheelset at $500-1000, or carbon tub. wheelset $1000-2000+
At this point in time it is hard to justify these costs ... better to focus on getting plenty of century's up as well as fitness and nutrition.
Currently only about 150 km on it, still micro adjusting components, also will trial:
- light weight ride kit (Continental Saddle Pack containing: Topeak toolbar, spare tube, house key, ccard and $ note) ~170 g all up
- interested in the Barbieri Nana Carbon Mini Pump, at 29 g it’s a WW. Anyone had experience with it?
Here is a picture:
Happy to hear suggestions to improve