B-T-P ?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Martin1977

by Martin1977

hello, does anybody have any experience with buying parts from german B-T-P ? I wanted to buy some parts from them, but unfortunately they don't answer my orders by e-mail. I tried to contact them twice. No answer for first mail, than I got "answer" for second one. When I asked for some items, someone answered me "where do you live?". So I answered them with list of items i would like to buy, but I got no answer. I sent e-mail again about one week later, but no answer again.

I would like to buy FD clamp with custom diameter, Ergopower carbon clamps and maybe some bottle cages. I can get any other bottle cages, I do not need ergopower clamps badly, but I have old LOOK frameset with something like 26.8 seat tube diameter and I would like to buy some nice lightweight FD clamp. Now I have heavy shimano FD clamp on it, but I think, that even this old frameset deserves something "nice" to hold FD :-)

Do you know of anyone else offering custom 26.8mm diameter carbon FD clamp? Or any company that offers B-T-P parts?

Martin

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bikewithnoname

by bikewithnoname

Parlee do a carbon FD clamp, will that fit?

I've had similar problems with BTP, have been trying to buy parts from them for the past 6months. Have only had 1 response, which was 1 line long and didn't actually suggest they wanted to sell anything... (and yes I did write the mails in German so it's not a language thing)

If anyone can suggest a stockist for their parts in that will actually sell them to me that'd be great
"We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities." Oscar Wilde

gumgardner

by gumgardner

I ordered some stuff from him recently. I still haven't gotten it but he said it's in the mail. He responded to most of my emails (English). Seems like a nice guy...just maybe a little slow. :noidea:
This is the email that I used that seemed to work for me:
Bernhard.Langerbein@t-online.de

theremery

by theremery

These guys stock all BTPs parts, I think. I've bought from them before and found them good.
http://www.xx-light-bikes.de
use the site's search button and type in BTP.....should get heaps of products :)
Updated: Racing again! Thought this was unlikely! Eventually, I may even have a decent race!
Edit: 2015: darn near won the best South Island series (got second in age
-group)..woo hoo Racy Theremery is back!!

djconnel

by djconnel

Nico @ CyclingTechnology sells BTP. I got some brake hoods which I have yet to install... gotta do that soon. Brake hoods are a bit of a pain to deal with, though.

marcusp

by marcusp

I've emailed BTP in the past and got no reply...
"When I was a boy of fourteen, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be twenty-one, I was astonished at how much the old man had learned in seven years."
Josh Billings

numbers505

by numbers505

I emailed them and got a reply the same day. Asked about buying a chain catcher and was given their paypal address and total. Ended up going a different route after all that.

stephen@fibre-lyte
in the industry

by stephen@fibre-lyte

bikewithnoname wrote:If anyone can suggest a stockist for their parts in that will actually sell them to me that'd be great

Poshbikes (in the UK) may be?

gumgardner

by gumgardner

djconnel wrote:Nico @ CyclingTechnology sells BTP. I got some brake hoods which I have yet to install... gotta do that soon. Brake hoods are a bit of a pain to deal with, though.

Mine ripped. He said he was sending me out a replacement. Unfortunately I don't need the SR ones anymore. I heed the Red's. :|

mdeth1313

by mdeth1313

djconnel wrote:Nico @ CyclingTechnology sells BTP. I got some brake hoods which I have yet to install... gotta do that soon. Brake hoods are a bit of a pain to deal with, though.

Those brake hoods will last you about a month. They discolor and deteriorate quickly. If you're using them w/ sram, the shifting mechanism tears apart the inside where the lever moves and they rip easily. I started using 3 in diameter heat shrink which is a bit of a pain to set up as it needs to be done on the bars while the shifters are mounted, and cutting away excess and getting them to fit correctly is a work in progress (I still don't have it down pat), the weight is similar and the ones I have on now have lasted all summer (somewhere between 2500-3000 miles) and they look like they did the day I mounted them.
Speedplay is the devil!

Timo

by Timo

Yup, had them for my 10sp Record Ergos but halfway through the season I swapped the totally worn out hoods back to the Campy ones. On the other hand I am still very pleased with the carbon derailleur clamp after two full seasons and his carbon jockey wheels still work as crisp as they day I bougth them.
And if I ever meet an aardvark, I'm going to step on its damn protruding nasal implement until it couldn't suck up an insect if its life depended on it.

SDP

by SDP

used them twice from uk
no prob at all he sent me paypal address & goods arrived quickly #

jamesfifield

by jamesfifield

Sorry to hear that you guys ae having trouble with BTP. My ordering a chain catcher and bottle cages was totally hassle-free. Fast replies and shipping to the UK. I would happily use them again.

gumgardner

by gumgardner

im still waiting.

Is this his main job or is this a side business for him?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

gumgardner

by gumgardner

Just got my BTP order. Didn't take too long. A fee weeks maybe.