Cannondale's carbon/aluminium bike official (six-13)

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Superlite

by Superlite

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH SHIT!!!!

I'm selling my bike again, anyone interested? :D

Of course, I did notice the claimed weight is 54g higher then the CAAD 7, so maybe it's really haevier? 1150g vs 1096g claimed weight, 1248g actual. :shock:
Attachments
cdale_six13_04.jpg

jim

by jim

not too much that is revolutionary about this frame. looks like yet another marketing exercise. that said, the frame is sharp looking.

Tim the Pineapple

by Tim the Pineapple

I tell ya its gonna crack n fail like all other carbon c'dale's. *cough* Super v raven mtb *cough*

bobalou

by bobalou

Is there going to be a "CAAD 8" or is Cannondale doing away with that naming convention? In otherwords, is the "six13" the CAAD 8?

Superlite

by Superlite

Cannondale is no longer producing CAAD bicycles. There will never be a CAAD 8.

spytech

by spytech

Superlite wrote:Cannondale is no longer producing CAAD bicycles. There will never be a CAAD 8.

why no more CAAD? six13 could be a great bike - but only time will tell.

benz76

by benz76

Superlite ment: Cannondale's names are not CAADx anymore...
Now they are : Optimo (former CAAD7), Six13 (aka CAAD8), ect.

This doesn't mean their core business will switch from Optimo to Six13...

Bye, Benz.

bobalou

by bobalou

benz76 wrote:Superlite ment: Cannondale's names are not CAADx anymore...
Now they are : Optimo (former CAAD7), Six13 (aka CAAD8), ect.

This doesn't mean their core business will switch from Optimo to Six13...

Bye, Benz.

Ok.. so they're obviously making them, they're just not calling them CAAD anymore! "You say tomato I say tomAto", whatever. The club I'm in has a CAAD7 that climbs like a MF'r. But the sponsoring shop stopped carrying Cannondales because cannondale owed them money and they got tired of taking losses. I know they're coming OUT of bankruptsy but I was a bit hesitant to buy because of that. The same owner said if you needed warrenty work, forget it. I have no idea if those complaints are valid or not... he might be trashing them because he got screwed. Anyway, I ended up getting a TCR instead.

jim

by jim

thanks for the link. pity it's a pile of marketing crap. the giant tcr frame or frame with a giant supplied grouppo is one of the better values out there.

Superlite

by Superlite

pity it's a pile of marketing crap. the giant tcr frame or frame with a giant supplied grouppo is one of the better values out there.

I don't think I would go that far. 14.8 lbs stock, where else can you get a bike that light?

jim

by jim

let me re-iterate that. i'm sure the components are top shelf, but the frame itself... old news, with some fancy marketing. their web marketing is crap.

not sure if this is 100% accurate, but the fuji superlite bike retails for around $2k, and comes in close to 15lbs i believe. now that is a good value.

14.8lbs is relative to the components, and the frame to some extent. having a light frame obviously helps, but so does the parts spec.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ras11

by ras11

Yeah.. Maybe team Psyco got tired of getting their balls busted on those harsh Al rigs, and so Cannondale had to wise up to make a bike worth riding... I'm just kidding.. but I really am questioning the design advantage.

That's brings up another point, in a previous thread, someone said we wouldn't see these bikes till 2005. This is a information disaster! We should setup a investigation into where our intel went wrong! :lol: First the bikes, and then the world!!! Ha... Ha... Ha... :twisted: Innocent techno-terrorists could get hurt!
:-) Toys-R-Us