Hawaiian S-WORKS

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

trustbran

by trustbran

Aloha Guys, Had this frame sitting around for a good while. Decided I should build this up and ride it until I purchase my Venge frame. I don't know why I never built it earlier, I know it's a 2008 frame but damn this bike feels fast! Not the lightest WW here but still pretty light at 15.3 lbs. I have SOUL 3.0SL's I might throw on it and that should get it around mid 14ish lbs. So far I love this bike! Just some quick pics from the garage.....
Mahalo, Brandon

DamoRider

by DamoRider

Take the Williams decals off the wheels and your ride will look 100x better; otherwise, the bike looks stunning!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mpower

by mpower

What size is the frame?

barney96

by barney96

Lovely bike - I agree remove the decals and it would look killer! How does it ride?

Ripper

by Ripper

Oh Snaps! your bike is sick :thumbup: ... I'm usually in favor of stripping wheel decals but I say leave it. Nice! Please post more pics of you throw on the SOUL Wheels!

trustbran

by trustbran

Thanks Guys! I wanted to remove the Williams decals but they seem to be etched on! Really awesome quality wheels that Williams makes and the decals have grown on me! The Frame Size is 49.

jghall

by jghall

While I am not a big wheels advertisement guy, think they look fine with the frame. Big bold, white Specialized decals, with big bold Williams decals.

Looks good to me.

dellpan

by dellpan

Very nice bike and the wheels are super. :D
Trek Emonda SLR

miltmaster3

by miltmaster3

old but gold
πατα τραβα ρε

trustbran

by trustbran

Thanks guys! This bikes feels pretty quick. Although I am thinking of getting a venge frame or possibly just upgrade to an SL3 S-works, will I see huge difference in ride like speed, feel, or even handling between the SL1 and SL3? I have never ridden an SL3 yet, for those that have had time on both is it worth a switch?

tonytourist

by tonytourist

I've ridden a 2007 S-Works SL, my 2009 Tarmac Pro, my 2009 SL2 and now my 2011 SL3. I noticed a difference in front end stiffness between the SL2 and SL3. (No parts changed besides the frames) If you want a stiff ride, the SL3 will be your ticket. It's not too bad though, as I ride on some pretty crappy roads! Your SL looks good :thumbup:

KWalker

by KWalker

This frame was the first road bike I ever had and I definitely miss the looks. Its quite different compared to my SL3, but I enjoyed that bike more than any other I've had.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

Powerful Pete
Location: Lima, Peru and the Washington DC area - it's complicated.

by Powerful Pete

:thumbup:

The bike looks the part, is a decent weight, and the pictures do it justice.

Congrats.
Road bike: Cervelo R3, Campagnolo Chorus/Record mix...
Supercommuter: Jamis Renegade...
Oldie but goodie: De Rosa Professional Slx, Campagnolo C-Record...
And you can call me Macktastik Honey Pete Kicks, thank you.

KWalker

by KWalker

trustbran wrote:Thanks guys! This bikes feels pretty quick. Although I am thinking of getting a venge frame or possibly just upgrade to an SL3 S-works, will I see huge difference in ride like speed, feel, or even handling between the SL1 and SL3? I have never ridden an SL3 yet, for those that have had time on both is it worth a switch?

I have had the SL, Pro SL, SL2, and SL3. You will see a huge difference from the SL to SL3 and even to the SL2 moreso than you will from the SL2 to the SL3 or SL4 mainly because of the changes to the downtube, headtube, and the resulting front triangle stiffness. All of them are or can be OSBB/BB30, but it seems that they stiffened up that area a bit by going to a larger downtube/bb junction. With that said I was a heavier rider when I made the switch and you're obviously smaller than I, so perhaps it'd be different for you.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

trustbran

by trustbran

Hmm.... Maybe I should look into the SL4 also. I'm also wondering if the added Aero abilities to the Venge make it worth while the price tag over the SL4. I just don't want to pour in money and come to find out the ride is not all too different other than it being more stiff.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com