Pegoretti Marcelo Ciavete paint - low pro wheels Page 12

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

LionelB

by LionelB

I ride 95psi front and 100psi rear and i am 84kg.

dcj9

by dcj9

anyone know if i can get away with 95psi rear, 90psi front on veloflex criteriums?

for rich's blog, big ring, no garmin...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

LionelB

by LionelB

dcj9 wrote:anyone know if i can get away with 95psi rear, 90psi front on veloflex criteriums?

of course you can.

dcj9

by dcj9

ok, i will.

just returned from a 20 mile ride on 95psi rear, 90 front. a noticeably smoother ride and no downside i could tell.

hopefully a result, although i will give it a few more rides as i still have one or two reservations about going below veloflex recommended pressures.
Last edited by dcj9 on Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LionelB

by LionelB

what are you worried about ? :noidea:

dcj9

by dcj9

increased wear, reduced road holding, reduced puncture resistance, tyres sticking to the road. was just wondering about that sort of thing :D

:thumbup: anyway don't worry about me. today i am feeling really optimistic

[edit] LionelB if you are telling me i have nothing to worry about, then i believe you :wink:

LionelB

by LionelB

you have nothing to worry about :D

RichTheRoadie
Tinker, Taylor, Tart

by RichTheRoadie

dcj9 wrote:for rich's blog, big ring, no garmin...

LUSH. I want one now... :roll:

Westifer12

by Westifer12

I usually fall in love with Dario's work but I would have to agree with most other people on this one, I'm sure it'll ride great but I can't say I'm taken with this one at first glance. Did you like it at first or did it have to grow on you?
2011 Trek Paragon 29er | Reba XX 120mm Fork | XX Drivetrain | 160mm White/Carbon Exiler CR Brakes | Thomson 90mm Stem & Post | Easton Monkey Lite Bar | X.9 Hubs to DT Swiss X470's | Schwalbe Rocket Rons

dcj9

by dcj9

i liked it straightaway, even through the bubble-wrap :shock:

i like all of the peg colour schemes though.
the only peg colour i prefer to mine is solariders baby blue ciavete paint scheme.

dcj9

by dcj9

changed from black to white handlebar tape. see if you like it on this build. on reflection, i definitely prefer it :wink:

still running 90 psi front and 95 psi rear for comfort as recommended by LionelB. thanks.
to my total amazement the veloflex criterium racing tubulars have lasted a whole UK 'summer' on crappy flint-lined single track roads with no issues and plenty of tread left.

i'll swap out to the ww obligatory arundel bottle cages when i get my hands on some (thanks KB for mentioning barry at bespoke).
just returned from a glorious ride under crisp blue skies in the hampshire countryside.
i am going to keep this bike a very long time. its weapons grade heaven to ride uphill out of the saddle :)

i am also looking for my next bike purchase.
for some reason i waited 30 years but want/need to spend lots of time off-road this winter.

so test rode a very nice and not too expensive CAAD CX bike with shimano 105 today. that will easily do for what i need.
decisions :roll:

any other ideas/recommendations for a do-it-all basic CX bike before i take the plunge?
Last edited by dcj9 on Sat Oct 15, 2011 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LionelB

by LionelB

Hummm... I vote for a custom steel CX bike... Your standards are now pretty high :D

kgt

by kgt

Black bartape was way better.

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Agree with KGT, black bartape is the way to go here. Also, I have difficulty warming up to the Lightweights on this build. You've got the deep black rims with those bronze/brown spokes and then the tan sidewalls of the Veloflex against a frame that's really "busy" by itself, albeit very nice. I think a nice classically build set of low profile box section alloy tubulars sporting some all black tires laced to some Campy record hubs would suit this build much better. Heavier thant the Lightweights for sure, but then you didn't get that frame for it's lightness either.

In the meantime, have fun with your decisions on the cx purchase.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

Scottybee

by Scottybee

I think your choice in wheels has a huge influence on the lack of "all day comfort"
17 and stupid, bear with me

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com