Cannondale SuperSix with SRAM Force

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

quattrings

by quattrings

That looks THE nuts 8)
Also very good camera work!

I would go for blue bar tape in the flat section and white in the drops. maybe some lime end caps if you can get a spraycan in that colour.

Safe riding :thumbup:

Ps: what pit stand is that? looks very practical

Willier

by Willier

Wow tires match perfectly with the frame and an all white bar tape is a way to go.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Greenduck

by Greenduck

quattrings wrote:That looks THE nuts 8)
Also very good camera work!

I would go for blue bar tape in the flat section and white in the drops. maybe some lime end caps if you can get a spraycan in that colour.

Safe riding :thumbup:

Ps: what pit stand is that? looks very practical

Thanks, much appreciated. The blue/white handlebar combination could work. I think the lime handlebar tape has to go as it is a bit too much now the tires also are lime. The end caps are actually lime too so no need for any spraycan :)

I got the stand from my LBS where I bought the bike. They use them for all the display bikes and also sell them. I think they're around 20 bucks or something. But I have no idea who makes them... Basically it just grabs each end of the quick release and it can be collapsed too so it doesn't take up any space when not in use.
Pinarello Dogma 65.1 Think 2: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=139324

cleavel

by cleavel

Hi Greenduck,

Very nice looking bike. I wanted SuperSix Hi-Mod in that paint scheme but I had to settle on a local team color (though not my team :oops: ). Anyway, could you please tell me the rise on your Deda stem. It seems to match the top tube angle pretty well.
Thanks.
Cleave
Visit my blog at http://www.lawville.org/

Greenduck

by Greenduck

cleavel wrote:Hi Greenduck,

Very nice looking bike. I wanted SuperSix Hi-Mod in that paint scheme but I had to settle on a local team color (though not my team :oops: ). Anyway, could you please tell me the rise on your Deda stem. It seems to match the top tube angle pretty well.

Thanks...

I would say the rise is approx. 15mm measured like this:

If you want me to measure in a different way just let me know

cleavel

by cleavel

Hi,

Thanks for the info and the photo. I was looking for the rise angle since that stem comes in two different angles. TIA.
Thanks.
Cleave
Visit my blog at http://www.lawville.org/

Greenduck

by Greenduck

cleavel wrote:Hi,

Thanks for the info and the photo. I was looking for the rise angle since that stem comes in two different angles. TIA.

It's the 82 degree version... :)

morxy

by morxy

Beautiful build Greenduck. Can I ask your height and saddle height? Just curious as I'm 174/72cm myself, and not sure whether to choose a 50cm or 52cm frame size.

Greenduck

by Greenduck

Hey Morxy

I wasn't sure how you wanted me to measure so I just measured from the top of the saddle to the center of the BB.

The distance is 70cm.

I'm 172cm myself but I'm not sure of my inseam measurement.

EDIT: I measured my inseam as good as I could. I got it to 75cm.

morxy

by morxy

Thanks Greenduck. 2 measurements I'd really like to know...

1. Red line: distance from BB center to the top edge of saddle - the part of the saddle where your butt sits while riding - measured along the axis of the seat tube.

2. Blue line: distance from BB center to top edge of seat tube. Actually, according to the SuperSix geometry chart, isn't this 52cm for a size 52 frame?

fa63

by fa63

With a 74 degree STA, based on Greenduck's measurement the distance from center of BB to top of saddle along the seat tube (let's call it X) should be:

X = 70cm / cos(16 deg) = 72.8cm

As far as the distance from center of BB to top edge of seat tube, it is probably right around 52cm.

Greenduck

by Greenduck

morxy wrote:Thanks Greenduck. 2 measurements I'd really like to know...

1. Red line: distance from BB center to the top edge of saddle - the part of the saddle where your butt sits while riding - measured along the axis of the seat tube.

2. Blue line: distance from BB center to top edge of seat tube. Actually, according to the SuperSix geometry chart, isn't this 52cm for a size 52 frame?

Red line = 72,5cm

Blue line = 53,5cm. If you measure from center BB to the top of the top tube (where it joins the seat tube) it measures 50cm. This is also stated in the SuperSix geometry chart. So the size 52 doesn't refer to any measurements on the bike.

Cheers,
Jakob

MarvinK

by MarvinK

The bike looks awesome... except maybe the super lame wheels (especially for weight weenies forums). Did you use two separate boxes of tape for the blue/green? Did you use Deda or another brand? The blue is perfect...

revgilliam

by revgilliam

MarvinK wrote:The bike looks awesome... except maybe the super lame wheels (especially for weight weenies forums). Did you use two separate boxes of tape for the blue/green? Did you use Deda or another brand? The blue is perfect...

Lame? That seems to be a matter of opinion. To each his own. 12 post in and you feel the need to call someone's wheels lame? Lol :shock:

Very cool bike. Lots of weight can be lost and I'm "sure" the OP will start that phase soon. :D

Greenduck

by Greenduck

I would like some non-lame wheels but I have no need to upgrade just so I can be cool... The lame wheelset I'm running does the job just fine.

Maybe next year I will upgrade to some semi-lame wheels and then later upgrade to the same wheels as all the cool kids are running...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com