English Custom Steel Integrated di2 USB - Updated Pics pg20

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

BmanX

by BmanX

Now if you could get the cranks the same color as the frame then this would be the best bike on the site. :thumbup:
BIG DADDY B FLOW
AERO & LIGHT is RIGHT for 2 decades

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

reggiebaseball

by reggiebaseball

Looks awesome!
Whats wrong with plain ole DA crank? If you want shiny silver the 7800 is nice,
Di2 motors put lots of force on chainrings, I wonder how those will hold up.

I love this build, and LOVE the look of English bikes.
I cannot wait for a ride report, because I have read very few of those, and of course the ride is 95% of what it;s about.

I have been kicking aroudn the idea of a custom steel bike for almost a year now, and always had an affinity for English's clean lines, but this bike may push me over the edge towards ordering. The paint and steel fork are so awesome!

KB

by KB

Looks great; love that fork 8)

xnavalav8r

by xnavalav8r

YEAY!!!!! :beerchug:

I am very pleased. I had hoped the crank would be matched to the frame, but I don't think that is possible. With the modifications required to make it work, the crank may come off in favor of my THM Claviculas anyway.

I can't wait to get out and ride it. What you see is what I'm getting with the exception of the wheels and brakes. I have several sets of wheels and was able to snag a set of ZG Gravitas the other day for a great price.

So once I have it in hand, I'll get some miles on it and provide a report.

pocketbeagle

by pocketbeagle

whoa!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Makes me want to change the color of my bike!

xnavalav8r

by xnavalav8r

I really wanted chrome, but this is a nice compromise and I am more than satisfied with it. :up:

BackRoadsBiker

by BackRoadsBiker

First off-what a pretty bike! One of my favorites on this forum, as I love metal bikes.

A couple of questions (forgive me if they have already been asked):

1) Is it a paint or a powdercoat and who did the work for you? The masking work was very well done either way.
2) Are the dropouts the breezers from Nova Cycles? I recently built a frame with those, and was happy with them, but am always on the lookout for other good options.
3) What are the bolts on the back of the fork for?

Thanks, an I hope you thoroughly enjoy your new ride!
This board and the world in general would be a much nicer place if everyone could just take themselves a little less seriously.

xnavalav8r

by xnavalav8r

I'll have to defer to Rob English for some of the details on these questions. But here is what I can tell you.

1. It's powdercoat. I'm not sure who did it.
2. I don't know which dropouts he used but they do look like the old Breezer dropouts.
3. The fork bolts onto a one-piece stem/steerer. Those are the pinchbolts to hold it together.

BackRoadsBiker

by BackRoadsBiker

Cool, thanks!

So there's a compression plug upside down, as it were, in the bottom of what would be the steerer tube? That's a pretty slick design.
This board and the world in general would be a much nicer place if everyone could just take themselves a little less seriously.

JamesHolden

by JamesHolden

I so want the blue 29er single speed.

Your bike is also very nice just like all the English bikes. If I ever have some spare cash to spend I'll have an English.

Miller76

by Miller76

congratulations on a truly stunning build - now, what about those cranks?
Crank/BB: Sweet Parts steel 528

where do they come from, how much do the cost/weight?

thanks
Simon

reggiebaseball

by reggiebaseball

They come from the 1990s
There is a long awaited, yet to be delivered (going on 2 years now) crank from EE that should be similar I think.
http://eecycleworks.com/eecrank.html

xnavalav8r

by xnavalav8r

Simon... the Sweet Wings cranks are 525 grams with bottom bracket and no chainrings. As mentioned above, they were manufactured in the 90's by a company called Sweet Parts. They were designed and manufactured by the same innovative gentleman behind EE Cycleworks.

This particular pair might be for sale if you're interested.

BmanX

by BmanX

I am sticking with my ISIS cranks until the EE cranks come out then I will hopefully get a couple of pairs in black. I am not holding my breath however or I would be dead by now.
BIG DADDY B FLOW
AERO & LIGHT is RIGHT for 2 decades

Miller76

by Miller76

Ted - thanks for the offer but just bought a set of Hollowgram SL's for my project six13

I was also considering the new EE but really wasn'tsure they'd be ready anytime soon

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com