Pegoretti Responsorium - UPDATED -new wheels = new bike!

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

solarider

by solarider

Just got it home.

Very nice in the flesh. Colours deeper, and intricacy of the design is more detailed in the flesh.

Tubing diamaters are appreciably smaller than the Duende.

It has a Mizuno full carbon fork. A bit old school actually, but preferable to the Trigon forks that Dario has been using of late which seem to be made for an integrated steerer and hence look a bit oversized for a standard headset.

I now face a frustrating wait as we move house over the next few days so I won't have time to build or ride it for a few days. Will post more when it is finished. Having said that I got everything attached except the chain this evening. Snapped the pin on my 11 speed chain tool in the process so am hoping somebody has one in stock!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

dcj9

by dcj9

Timo
May I ask what the tube diameters are for the Duente frame?

Solarider
The Duende uses some pretty large tubing. the front end of the Duende and Marcelo are identical, so the diameter should be the same as a 58cm Marcelo.

Timo, in the meantime here are my actual marcelo tube diameters for you...as a comparison

down tube 38.48mm
top tube 32.23mm
seat tube 31.82mm (takes 32mm front mech clamp)
chain stay 24.35mm
seat stay 19.38mm
head tube 36.81mm

Timo

by Timo

Very useful, thanks "dcj9"!
And if I ever meet an aardvark, I'm going to step on its damn protruding nasal implement until it couldn't suck up an insect if its life depended on it.

solarider

by solarider

We moved house last week, so despite itching to build her up, I have only just finished. Very frustrating. Looks beautiful, and I have only just realised that Dario used some beautiful metallics for some of the accents. I couldn't be happier.

And, just for you Pegoretti fans, I have taken some updated pictures of my Duende. I think the Old School Record hubs/Ambrosio Nemesis wheels suit it better with the steel forks.

Ride report on the Responsorium after the weekend. It has built up really light, but not sure of the exact weight. Will try to weigh it.

Super Record, Zipp 404, Zipp SL bars, Deda finishing kit. The Duende has the same finishing kit but Record and Nemesis wheels instead.

ENJOY!

Carbon_Cowboy

by Carbon_Cowboy

Those metallic accents are sofa king cool!!!

Stellar collection of Pegs!!! :thumbup:

Powerful Pete
Location: Lima, Peru and the Washington DC area - it's complicated.

by Powerful Pete

What to add in this case, when you see two of Dario's creations lined up like this?

:unbelievable:
Road bike: Cervelo R3, Campagnolo Chorus/Record mix...
Supercommuter: Jamis Renegade...
Oldie but goodie: De Rosa Professional Slx, Campagnolo C-Record...
And you can call me Macktastik Honey Pete Kicks, thank you.

dcj9

by dcj9

baby blue base colour is inspired and i like the painted forks alot with this colour scheme. thanks for sharing :thumbup:

LionelB

by LionelB

Wow, this looks absolutely awesome. I do not think I have the guts to order my Marcelo with the Caviete paint but this one is a beauty.

kgt

by kgt

Zipp wheels don't do it justice.
Remove the decals at least...

solarider

by solarider

Don't really understand the anti-Zipp and anti-decal thing on WW from a cosmetic perspective. I quite like the 'out of the factory' look with the decals on. Most of the time, the wheels are spinning and you can't tell anyway.

Having said that, I am about to swap them for Hyperon 2's. More in keeping with the Italian theme I think, and I frankly don't find them to be the stiffest wheels, particularly at the front. I much prefer the Duende with the Nemesis wheels to the Zipps I had on there previously.

majklnajt

by majklnajt

I think glossy or UD carbon wheelset would go well with this bike. And black hubs+spokes.

LionelB

by LionelB

hard to beat the Nemesis for a classy look. Also hard to beat them in terms of comfort.

This said the Hyperon would look better than the Zipp on the respo IMO.

kgt

by kgt

solarider wrote:Don't really understand the anti-Zipp and anti-decal thing on WW from a cosmetic perspective

I guess you mean aesthetic perspective... Cosmetic is about face, hair, nails and stuff. :)
Anyway it's not about anti-zipp anti-decal, its about what matches each build. In your case zipps are totally out of place.

solarider

by solarider

No, definitely meant cosmetic (with a small 'c'). Ironically, I do work for a Cosmetic (with a large C) company so feel pretty well placed to know the difference.

Why such a strong reaction to Zipps with this build? They are decent wheels and do ride well. Is it just a cosmetic thing?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

KB

by KB

The use of the word 'cosmetic' is correct.

Insofar as the ZIPPS and other wheels; for some and that includes me, I prefer wheels without decals as they take something away from the overall look. However, on these builds I don't think it makes that much difference because the paint schemes are in your face anyway.

In general, the paintjobs on Peg's are not for me, but I do like the pale blue rig you have there.