Cavendish Venge - Green Jersey

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Knoxxy

by Knoxxy

Hi,
I am sure I saw Cav on a bare carbon Venge with green graphics on one of the last stages of the tour.
Can't find anything online or in the search.

Does anyone else remember seeing it?
I can't imagine it will get a release, but it was awesome.

Knoxxy.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

irf3

by irf3

I definitely remember it too, but you're right, the pics are tough to find. Here's a couple but they're not great. I doubt they'll release a version like this to consumers.

jmilliron

by jmilliron

I don't understand why there are so few frames with green graphics.

I like almost nothing about the Cervelo R5 but was tempted to buy one because I loved the black/gray/green.
2013 Wilier Cento1 SR || 2009 Ridley Crossbow || 2011 Yeti AS-R 5 Carbon

tharmor

by tharmor

The McLaren colorway would be the only reason for me blowing $10grand on it. Love the look of the red (orange?) of the McLaren version.

maxxevv

by maxxevv

jmilliron wrote:I don't understand why there are so few frames with green graphics.

I like almost nothing about the Cervelo R5 but was tempted to buy one because I loved the black/gray/green.

I believe the Colnago C59 and M10 will be available in EuropCar livery very soon ??

konky

by konky

jmilliron wrote:I don't understand why there are so few frames with green graphics.

Sorry jmilliron I do not mean to be provocative but I must say your post is rather odd. Would you really go as far as consider buying a bike that you do not think is good, because you like what colour it is?

Also I am sure that anyone that actually tries the R5 would find it an exceptionally good bike. Incredibly stiff, light, comfortable and handles beautifully. It has to be one of the best climbing/decending bikes out there.

JamieL

by JamieL

konky wrote:

Sorry jmilliron I do not mean to be provocative but I must say your post is rather odd. Would you really go as far as consider buying a bike that you do not think is good, because you like what colour it is?

I know i would :mrgreen:

Anyway, it looks like that photo of Cav was the last stage around Paris. With about 4 laps to go he changed bikes (just after the intermediate sprint) so i guess his spare wasn't painted up and we didnt get to see a shot of it at the end.

XLR8R

by XLR8R

konky wrote:

Also I am sure that anyone that actually tries the R5 would find it an exceptionally good bike. Incredibly stiff, light, comfortable and handles beautifully. It has to be one of the best climbing/decending bikes out there.

Why do you think people buy a C59, M10 or a Dogma :D :twisted:

jmilliron

by jmilliron

maxxevv wrote:I believe the Colnago C59 and M10 will be available in EuropCar livery very soon ??

Oh, that would be so attractive.

konky wrote:Also I am sure that anyone that actually tries the R5 would find it an exceptionally good bike. Incredibly stiff, light, comfortable and handles beautifully. It has to be one of the best climbing/decending bikes out there.

Just like any one of dozens of other mid range and high end carbon frames that are correctly setup and fitted to the rider. I think you've been drinking too much of the "laterally stiff yet vertically compliant" kool-aid.

Knoxxy

by Knoxxy

Good work with the pics irf3!

Knoxxy. :thumbup:

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

irf3 wrote:I definitely remember it too, but you're right, the pics are tough to find. Here's a couple but they're not great. I doubt they'll release a version like this to consumers.

:roll:

Why wait?

Get your preferred frame.
Strip it.
Apply your custom-printed S-Works graphics in Green.
(optional step) Clearcoat.

Seriously. This forum was born out of tuning, modifying, and customizing - for weight specifically but the notion still applies - why does this option seem to be not even in the mindset of so many people lately? :noidea:
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

jmilliron

by jmilliron

prendrefeu wrote:Seriously. This forum was born out of tuning, modifying, and customizing - for weight specifically but the notion still applies - why does this option seem to be not even in the mindset of so many people lately? :noidea:

I've had to warranty three frames in as many years. No way I'm voiding my warranty on a new and expensive frame until it has expired.

If I score a cheap used one though, game on.

konky

by konky

jmilliron wrote:
maxxevv wrote:I believe the Colnago C59 and M10 will be available in EuropCar livery very soon ??

Oh, that would be so attractive.

konky wrote:Also I am sure that anyone that actually tries the R5 would find it an exceptionally good bike. Incredibly stiff, light, comfortable and handles beautifully. It has to be one of the best climbing/decending bikes out there.

Just like any one of dozens of other mid range and high end carbon frames that are correctly setup and fitted to the rider. I think you've been drinking too much of the "laterally stiff yet vertically compliant" kool-aid.

jmilliron you're probably right, I am a marketting mans dream, or so my wife tells me. But I have fallen for the R5.

KB

by KB

prendrefeu wrote: Seriously. This forum was born out of tuning, modifying, and customizing - for weight specifically but the notion still applies - why does this option seem to be not even in the mindset of so many people lately?

Agree. I did this a few years ago with a TCR that was matt; I changed it to shiny. One guy said it would bugger up the warranty. In the words of Gable in Gone With the Wind 'quite frankly my dear I don't give a damn'. Some of the best projects on here have been where quite a bit of DIY has gone into it. Felix, Boonen, Rasmus all did some great stuff. Frankie and Berk spring to mind lately.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

CharlesM

by CharlesM

prendrefeu wrote:
:roll:

Why wait?

Get your preferred frame.
Strip it.
Apply your custom-printed S-Works graphics in Green.
(optional step) Clearcoat.

Seriously. This forum was born out of tuning, modifying, and customizing - for weight specifically but the notion still applies - why does this option seem to be not even in the mindset of so many people lately? :noidea:

I am extremely unqualified to answer your question.