I'm very excited- my new alien track frame has apparently left the factory in China- so now it goes to norway for checking and then I should have it soon. In the meantime I'm working out some weight savings, and starting my spec list.
This is a pure track race bike- mostly for sprints including kilo and keirin which are my favourite events- but will also do some bunch races on the track for fitness.
Obviously there aren't as many parts to save weight on with a track bike, and it needs to be tough to survive regular gear changing, lying around the track infield, and my 92kg weight- so I'll have to be creative- any tips would be welcome!
Anyone interested in aliens they are at http://alienbikes.com/v3/
.I'll be starting to weigh different bits over the next few days- most of the parts are still in use on my planet x. In the meantime I'll be looking at
1. how to modify the ISP clamp- any thoughts? it 'looks' heavy- might suprise me but i doubt it!
2. TT bars- something light and stiff to replace my steel nittos
3. custom garmin mount- to put a 500 series clamp behind the seat out of view- possibly as part of the ISP modification
4. bottom bracket- fairly sure something other than stronglight bb will fit so looking for a ceramic replacement
5. chainrings- currently a big chunk of metal- looking at custom options to shave some weight
6. ti bolt kits- thinking stem, seatclamp, chainrings could all be lighter