Anything new for Look in 2012?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

ty-ro

by ty-ro

Everyone else is giving little teasers of their new stuff for 2012. Is Look releasing anything new?

sawyer

by sawyer

Given they are struggling to keep up with demand on the 695 I'm assuming it won't be replaced at least until 2013.
----------------------------------------
Stiff, Light, Aero - Pick Three!! :thumbup:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

CharlesM

by CharlesM

I would love for them to come out with much lighter versions of the integrated crank, c stem and seat post...

The adjustability works well and they're well designed and executed, but I can't think of anyone buying a bike in the 695 price range that doesnt know what their geometry needs are.

carbon2329

by carbon2329

I wondered the same thing.

Anyone who is that interested, knows exactly what they want and does not need something that has all-in-one adjustability. That type of fine-tuning would be nice, but it is a solution no-one seems to have been having a problem with (in that price range).

At least that is how it is with me. But not everyone is like me, I guess. :D

Did I hear they were getting rid of the adjustable stem :?: (I could be wrong)
Last edited by carbon2329 on Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

terminus

by terminus

I want even lighter Look pedals!

roca rule

by roca rule

I want then to bring back the 585 or 595 maybe as a heritage line. Lugged bikes will always have a place among look fans.
Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

ellipsesx

by ellipsesx

I hope they will bring back the traditional frames instead of the sloping frames

jasjas

by jasjas

roca rule wrote:I want then to bring back the 585 or 595 maybe as a heritage line. Lugged bikes will always have a place among look fans.
Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Me too but i suspect they wont (yet?) as the price points are too similar to their current range and they ll need to recoup the investment.

Having said that and hating the 695 when it was first released, the 695 has grown on me... especially in the Cofidis colours... just loose that ugly huge stem.

ricarello

by ricarello

Hi buddies...

i know that the 2012 695 is delivered and has a real di2 integration with battery under the chainstay... making me sad as mine in not well integrated.

I have also been told that it is difficult to get good supply of carbon slowing deliveries on the prod.

A friend just raced the grande marmotte and told me he has seen a lot of them...

Cheers

sub4

by sub4

Recently demo'd a 695 SR. My 586 is 4 now. Does that qualify for a pension?

I also hated the c-stem. So big you could put a Garmin inside it (hmmm).

My bike dealer (seems pretty well connected) tells me they are doing something with the stem in 2012.

When I got back on the 586 after a week it felt like the road had been coated in velvet.......

g_doraz

by g_doraz

PezTech wrote:The adjustability works well and they're well designed and executed, but I can't think of anyone buying a bike in the 695 price range that doesnt know what their geometry needs are.

It seems that Look is using the Royal Dutch Shell "Design one, build many" approach...
Road bike: Pinarello Dogma 60.1
TT bike: Trek Speed Concept

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4XxCZagAjk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com