Help me choose - Colnago C59 or TIME RXRS Ulteam VIP

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

duz10s

by duz10s

Guys wanting to start a build for the Australian summer and I am torn between these 2 bikes. I know both different bikes with different ride quality but any help would be great.

I am a 6ft, 82kg rider, long torso with shorter legs than average for a 6ft tall person, this season planning on doing some more crit racing and lot more climbing but 70% riding will be done on mainly flat rods.

Either bike I'm planning on finishing build with Campag Super Record and Bora 2 wheels.

Things I know so far

TIME - shorter wheel base, probably bit more stiffer, great build quality

C59 - longer wheel base, nice comfy ride quality, nice heritage and great build quality, more $$$$$

Any help would be great from the WW
2015 RCA with Di2

MARLON

by MARLON

Well The Many sizes Colnago offers are a advantage against The Time Frames.

Choose The Frame with The better geometry for you.

And IF both got something for you, Choose by paintsheme!

I like The colours of The 150th anni Model!

http://www.colnago.com/de/bikes/2011/c59-italia-150th
BACK IN BLACK

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Blackwidow

by Blackwidow

Ride each if possible, pick what feels best. If you can't do that, pick what looks the nicest to you, and be happy - they're both great bikes.

Don't know what state you're in, but Im in NSW and I know Bike Bug should have a C59 for you to test. The RXRS might be trickier to test ride, but is also a great machine. FWIW, I had the same dilemma, and went with the C59 based on a short test ride, classic look, and its pretty versatile - its as happy to tear it up in a crit as it is on a long training ride or sportive.
"24/7 Im always in spandex, cut through the wind, cos Im aero-dy-na-mic"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vn29DvMITu4

duz10s

by duz10s

thanks for feedback

actually rode a C59 today, was surprised how stiff it was and was very comfy as well, my mechanic said looking at the geo's of both bikes now doubt the TIME will be more racer due to its shorter wheel base, he believes from riding some customers TIME that they arent as stiff as a C59.

Now leaning towards the C59

Ordered my Bora 2 and Super Record so now just need frame
2015 RCA with Di2

kgt

by kgt

Bora 2 + Super Record = Colnago

Roobay

by Roobay

make sure the colour C59 you order matches the Bora 2 :thumbup:
i like people... i just can't stand assholes

coloclimber

by coloclimber

C59
-Deacon Doctor Colorado Slim

Dilbert

by Dilbert

C59 :thumbup:

I'm sure they are both nice bikes, but I would be put off by the ISP of the Time, it was in fashion but has faded a bit.

Ulle

by Ulle

C59 :beerchug:

spinwax
Shop Owner

by spinwax

kgt wrote:Bora 2 + Super Record = Colnago

Ditto.

I love the C59. I would buy one in a heartbeat if I had the money. I don't think it is the best bike around or anything like that, I just think it is cool as hell!!!

Vortechcoupe

by Vortechcoupe

I say Time. But you really should get the one that fits the best. I'm tall but with short-ish legs and the colnagos would have been too tall in the seat tube and too short in the top tube for me. Also I think the headtubes where a little short too. This was years ago so they may have changed, heck maybe the Times have changed a little too but for me at the time the Time fit better.

I have a 2006 VXR. Rides great, looks great and the finish work on it is still PERFECT!

duz10s

by duz10s

yer looking at Colnago's now more so the C59 the headtube is long compared to TIME, I wuld be riding a 54 Sloping or in TIME a "M"
2015 RCA with Di2

Lafolie

by Lafolie

The C59 would be a great choice. I just love riding me. I didn't think it could get much better when I originally bought my EPS, but the C59 is stiffer and faster. It just wants to motor. If you have got the beans in your legs this frame will reward you big time! :-)

Max Gravity

by Max Gravity

I rode my C59 for 2.5 months and then I took the parts of and built a BMC Slr.
I have no patience for harsh bikes any more.
The front end was just fine on the C59 but the rear was just plain uncomfortable, can't see why anyone
want to ride a bike like that 2011.
OK 2h no worries but that kind of training wont get you anywhere.

If you ride lots there are a whole bunch of modern frames that lets you do that in comfort without sacrificing anything.
Well to be honest the C59 looks absolutely stunning, definitely the bike "everybody" looks at and touches.
Some folks think they ride faster on a harsher frame and the mental side of things is not to be underestimated.
Max Gravity, unfairly treated by gravity!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

duz10s

by duz10s

Max Gravity wrote:I rode my C59 for 2.5 months and then I took the parts of and built a BMC Slr.
I have no patience for harsh bikes any more.
The front end was just fine on the C59 but the rear was just plain uncomfortable, can't see why anyone
want to ride a bike like that 2011.
OK 2h no worries but that kind of training wont get you anywhere.

If you ride lots there are a whole bunch of modern frames that lets you do that in comfort without sacrificing anything.
Well to be honest the C59 looks absolutely stunning, definitely the bike "everybody" looks at and touches.
Some folks think they ride faster on a harsher frame and the mental side of things is not to be underestimated.

Must say I have only heard exactly the opposite to what you say about the ride quality, everyone I have spoken to says if anything the C59 is a very comfy ride
2015 RCA with Di2