Canyon F10, UCI legal :)

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

FelixOr

by FelixOr

Hy,
as promised, here's my Canyon F10. The goal was to get as close to 6800g as possible, but not under -> I only use the bike for UCI-races, so that has to be, though i'd love to get a real weightweenie-bike :(. Unfortunately i can't afford one. I bought the frameset incl. f99 stem for 999€, and built it up with parts i bought from different internet-shops. complete costs: 2782€.
here are the specs:
Frame: Canyon F10, came in at 1042g @ size 60 (59cm c-t)
Fork: Smolik RaceSL weighs 340gr. cut down to 260mm, claimed weight was 295 uncut :roll:
Compl. Dura-Ace 10speed, 175mm cranks, 53/39, cas. 12-23
Zero Gravity brakes with corima brake-pads
Selle Italia SLR
USE Alien seatpost 31.6mm
Corima Aero
Conti Sprinter
Nokon cables (only brakes)
syntace racelite bar
syntace f99
merida carbon bottlecages
Tune AC14
Speedplay Zero Titan, changed the red "body" to a blue one:)
Weight should be 6807gr., my digital scale says 6.80 and sometimes 6.79, so i guess it's about 6795g. :?
well, what do you think?
PS: THX LJ for helping me out with my little 0G problems :)
Attachments
ww7.jpg
ww6.jpg
ww5.jpg
ww4.jpg
ww3.jpg
ww2.jpg
ww1.jpg

Trek OCLV

by Trek OCLV

how do you like the corima's? and what kind of hubs are those? not the standard isn't it? and what was the exact weight of the set w/o tires cassete
Trek OCLV

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

PNuT

by PNuT

the front hub looks the same as my standard one :?
21 for road 27 for mtb :D

FelixOr

by FelixOr

how do you like the corima's? and what kind of hubs are those? not the standard isn't it? and what was the exact weight of the set w/o tires cassete

Hy,
That's the normal Corima hub! I bought the set this year in march, so maybe it's a new design? don't really know, sorry. The set comes in at exactly 1466gr., because of the "heavy" CX Spokes(not CX-Ray) and the hubs aren't that light either. Actually i'm quite pleased with the wheels. Good acceleration, stiff(not bomb-stiff, but they are OK) and pretty aero. The hub qualitiy is excellent, very smooth and after already about 20days in HEAVY rain, they are still like new. braking is... well, with the Corima pads really nice, as long as it's dry..... no braking-power at all when it comes to wet conditions..... but if you use swissstop yellow, that problem is solved as well. all in all a really nice set of wheels for only ~800 €.
Actually i wanted to get a set of Zipps or Reynolds, but then, unfortunately the bike would be to light, and i already have had my 0G's in order and didn't want to change any other parts. so it had to be a "heavier" set of wheels. so the only choice was corima.

LJ
WWotY 2006 / Smart convert

by LJ

FelixOr wrote:PS: THX LJ for helping me out with my little 0G problems :)

No problem Felix. Great setup BTW. Really like your combinations, they work really well. Top man!

Sleg8

by Sleg8

Nice Bike FelixOr.

How do you find the handling and ride comfort of the frame compared to your previous rides?? It appears to be a great buy price/weight. Where can you get the canyons from.

Hmmmm.... I wonder if they'll ship to Australia??
"All I ask is the heavens above and the road below"

FelixOr

by FelixOr

No problem Felix. Great setup BTW. Really like your combinations, they work really well. Top man!

thanks, but...i would exchange it for your dogma FP anyways :D

How do you find the handling and ride comfort of the frame compared to your previous rides?? It appears to be a great buy price/weight. Where can you get the canyons from.

Hy Sleg,
the bike handles great. It's very responsive and extremely stiff :shock:
my previous rides are a trek alu frame(from a trek 1500), a Trek OCLV frame and a simplon vision (monocoque carbon-frame). The Canyon frame is not uncomfortable, but i have to admit that is feels a little bit "harder" then the other frames. but i think that depends on what tires, wheels, saddle, seatpost etc you are using. but as i said, it's not uncomfortable.
Cu

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com