English Custom Steel Integrated di2 USB - Updated Pics pg20

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

BmanX

by BmanX

This is going to be incredible. Just wait till you get this beauty in your hands. Nothing else will matter and if yours rides like mine, you will have all day comfort and your body will be "yes baby"
BIG DADDY B FLOW
AERO & LIGHT is RIGHT for 2 decades

xnavalav8r

by xnavalav8r

I see this being my all-day, do-anything bike. I'll keep my Ghisallo for hillclimbs and other special events. But I see this bike getting a lot more regular use.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

BmanX

by BmanX

The English became my long days in the saddle bike while my SLC became my fast ride bike.
BIG DADDY B FLOW

andyindo

by andyindo

Interesting! Whats the base price for those frames?

skouri1

by skouri1

are the seat stays solid ?

BmanX

by BmanX

Seat stays are surprisingly solid which you would not believe by looking at the frame. Rob's skills are rock solid. As for the price, it is best to contact Rob direct but I can tell you that the price is not as high as you would think.
BIG DADDY B FLOW

xnavalav8r

by xnavalav8r

I don't want to quote prices on here without Rob's permission as every custom frame is different. When mine is finished I'll ask him if he is OK with me listing prices for this particular build. It was significantly less expensive than I expected. In fact, I inadvertently overpaid when the design was finalized and received a huge refund.... Rob could have kept the money and I still would have been pleased with the final price.

Caveman

by Caveman

These custom English builds are alot of fun to follow. Can't wait to see this thing finshed!

musket

by musket

How would you rate the welding? It's hard to tell, but the n/d seat stay weld at the dropout looks like it's far from finished?

xnavalav8r

by xnavalav8r

I think if you read the captions that Rob provided, you'll see that the frame is only tacked together in anticipation of brazing.

musket

by musket

This is the internet, you can't expect people to READ!

Apologies!

xnavalav8r

by xnavalav8r

I thought people believed everything they readon the internet.

By the way, from what I have seen of other English builds on this site, the brazing is beautiful.

BmanX

by BmanX

It is very good. I work for a company that does a ton of welding and the guys here checked out the frame when it arrived and thought it was very well done.
BIG DADDY B FLOW

crohnsy

by crohnsy

robenglish wrote:
Special USB port for charging the internal battery - I machined the plastic blocks to enable it to be screwed in place inside the seattube.

Port mounted in the frame - secured with two M3 screws. I'll put a gasket on the inside too, and there should be an external plastic cap coming.....

Awesome!! I was wondering how long it would take for somebody to add a charging port

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

deltasierra

by deltasierra

How much do YOU weigh?