New rules for posting For Sale

Bring your questions & complaints to the Weight Weenies moderators, here! Also, News & Announcements. Use the other boards for bike related talks.
Frankie - B
Admin - In the industry

by Frankie - B

Thanks Ravenswood!
'Tape was made to wrap your GF's gifts, NOT hold a freakin tire on.'
If you want to see 'meh' content of me and my bike you can follow my life in pictures here!

Z1ppster

by Z1ppster

after reading this i guess my post will also be deleted..

ive been using this forum since last april when i got back into cycling in a big way.. i never have posted(or joined) until now but found the info that ive been reading very useful.

i think the post count rule is a little silly to be honest and like me it will discourage people to post or participate..

ho hum

:(

:edit

sure enough my post got deleted... what a croc.... its a bit a harsh being treated like a scammer :(

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Powerful Pete
Location: Lima, Peru and the Washington DC area - it's complicated.

by Powerful Pete

Z1ppster, sorry you feel that way.

Again, the rules and transparent. The requirements are by no means impossible to reach.

The reasons why the rules have been put in place have been explained exhaustively.

And yet you posted an item for sale (I take it?) and are voicing your disapproval over the fact that the post was deleted?
Road bike: Cervelo R3, Campagnolo Chorus/Record mix...
Supercommuter: Jamis Renegade...
Oldie but goodie: De Rosa Professional Slx, Campagnolo C-Record...
And you can call me Macktastik Honey Pete Kicks, thank you.

Z1ppster

by Z1ppster

Powerful Pete wrote:Z1ppster, sorry you feel that way.

Again, the rules and transparent. The requirements are by no means impossible to reach.

The reasons why the rules have been put in place have been explained exhaustively.

And yet you posted an item for sale (I take it?) and are voicing your disapproval over the fact that the post was deleted?

I hadn't seen this(nor expect it) till after my post for sale.. and personally(IMO) i don't agree.

I don't get treated this way on the RoadBikingReview forum or the Cervelo Forum..

As for post count, please remove my membership account as i no longer want to be a member..

Thanks

Andy..

jipperd

by jipperd

Z1ppster wrote:I hadn't seen this(nor expect it) till after my post for sale.. and personally(IMO) i don't agree.
I don't get treated this way on the RoadBikingReview forum or the Cervelo Forum..
As for post count, please remove my membership account as i no longer want to be a member..

Thanks
Andy..

This pretty much says it all. You're active on several forums and your focus is on the fact if you're allowed to advertise, sorry but no thanks.
As long as your only contribution is to sell stuff, which you seem to intent, there is no reason we want you here.
This board is there to explorer industry for equipment which makes our bikes, better, faster, lighter. IF you only intent to advertise, you better go and create an account on ebay, which you most likely already have.

Kind regards
Jip

Z1ppster

by Z1ppster

jipperd wrote:
Z1ppster wrote:I hadn't seen this(nor expect it) till after my post for sale.. and personally(IMO) i don't agree.

Thanks
Andy..

This pretty much says it all. You're active on several forums and your focus is on the fact if you're allowed to advertise, sorry but no thanks.
As long as your only contribution is to sell stuff, which you seem to intent, there is no reason we want you here.
This board is there to explorer industry for equipment which makes our bikes, better, faster, lighter. IF you only intent to advertise, you better go and create an account on ebay, which you most likely already have.

Kind regards
Jip

for a moderator thats a pretty ridiculous / agressive response and not very professional. where did i say i focus on the fact i can advertise?.. i contribute when i can and this is personally the first thing im trying to sell FYI.. im just new to finding this forum in the past 6 months. im narked because of the post count which is ridiculous..

forums are a wealth of knowledge for people to find out peoples experiences/workarounds and quirks..this forums info has been great to help me make myself and my bike faster and lighter which could ultimately lead to more race wins etc..

i had already had a pleasant PM response from powerful pete and i was satisfied with the response before you come bounding along asserting your authority!! keep up at the back and forums shouldn't be run by power hungry moderators.. (all in my opinion)

on the post count thing... so if i was to post 30 replies in the cycle chat about drivel and non bike related stuff this would be acceptable.. hmmm

not very welcoming is it... ill be sure to pass my feedback on to the cycling community im a part of both off and online..

Thanks for your contribution.. BTW above all it goes onto your precious post count after all :)

just delete my account already and ill go on my way.. i hae deleted all the posts im able to feel free to delete the remaining 5

Roobay

by Roobay

hmm post count of 6 :roll:
seems like you just wanna use it for sales
quite frankly i think its a good idea to limit new members
on posting in the classifieds
And if you dont want to contribute then just dont keep coming back for more punishment
Go and have a nice selling time on your other forums :thumbup:
Might be an idea to lock it down now :|
i like people... i just can't stand assholes

KB

by KB

I also agree with the rules. In the past I have sold stuff to WW members on the basis that I have sent the goods to them so they can verify the quality first. Thereafter, they have paid me. Yes, a big element of trust, but this site has been going now for many years, so once someone has made quite a lot of posts, then it becomes easier to trust them.

It's unlikely I would buy or sell to anyone with less than a 100 posts, so 30 seems quite relaxed to me.

RTW
in the industry

by RTW

I agree with KB. I think a limit of 2000 posts is reasonable though.

nuttymango

by nuttymango

Checked my stats, eight posts since 2008. Guess I better get busy.

hanzypanzy
Shop Owner

by hanzypanzy

I think its a good idea really. Im a member on a few forums and its crazy how many spam posts and fakes they get on there, sometimes enough to close the site down totally. Can see others point of view as far as not posting many times on here but I suppose it a rock and a hard place!

So far Ive not been able to post in the for sale but have had a lot of joy when buying from others, good value and fast response from someone who is a frequent poster.

CharlesM

by CharlesM

RTW wrote:I agree with KB. I think a limit of 2000 posts is reasonable though.

:beerchug:

30 posts is nothing... not more than a couple conversations and you're there.

Honestly, I wouldnt buy from anyone without a couple hundred posts...

When someone pops in with 10 posts and 2 are selling something and the other 8 are bitching about the mods, you're almost exactly the kind of person that the rules and mods are hoping to discourage...

Another nice job by the mods then...

flameboy

by flameboy

2000? :unbelievable: So less than 50 people can sell their stuff?

JettaTheHut

by JettaTheHut

I'm on several forums where the rule is 30 & 30 post and days. It's too keep members safe. I agree with the rule. Would you buy a 1500 dollar wheel from someone with 1 post and only accept PayPal gift, good luck with that your asking for trouble.

horse

by horse

Why is there a Marketplace needed on this forum anyway?

I agree with the OP. Alot of chatter and crap to read from people who have nothing much to say.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com