Colnago M10

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

torinb

by torinb

I just got my M10 yesterday. And theframeset (including derailleur hanger and bottom headset bearing) weighed in at 950g in size 54s. Not too bad.

grid256

by grid256

I just got my M10 yesterday. And theframeset (including derailleur hanger and bottom headset bearing) weighed in at 950g in size 54s

What? :shock: My 50s in matte was 1045g...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

globalsunset

by globalsunset

Wow... More pics pleaaaaaaase :)

CBJ

by CBJ

Torinb sweet bike. Where do you live. Looks like Scandinavia?

torinb

by torinb

Thats right CBJ, I live just outside Stavanger in Norway. I was very surprised of the weight of the frame, as I have never seen any recorded under 1000g.

The bike is not finished in the pictures. I have still to cut the fork, install a Record seatpost and some new Look Blade ti pedals.

I previously owned a De Rosa King 3 in about the same colour scheme. Sadly the integrated seatpost cracked in a crash on that one. I still think the De Rosa looks best. I will get the De Rosa repaired, and use that as a traning bike instead of the Colnago Strada pictured below.

ironman1

by ironman1

Just an update as to the frame I bought to big. When I ordered the frame I was on the fence as to getting a 50 or 52. Went with 52 as the headtube was suppose to be 161 and I felt it would be perfect fit with no spacers which I think looks better (to each there own). When it arrived the headtube was 170 out side to outside. The last week I e-mailed several forum members with M10's asking them to measure there headtube. One 50sl replied @145, one @151, One 52sl @161 (which is what I expected on mine). I e-mailed Mike @ Maestro and told him my dillema . He said he would forward to his disributer. Next day he said all Colnagos are measured without the cups. His distributer had measured 11 52's and all were 161 yet he did say he had personally pushed the cups out of a 45sl and it was 6mm long and that these bikes are not all made in the same factory in Taiwan but several different factories and that is why there are differences. I told him I didn't care where they are made.....the specifications should all be exactly the same. The distributer said mine had to be 161 as they are made in molds , and to send in seriral number. I sent in serial number and a picture of headtube @ exactly 170mm out to out. My only responce has now been the cups make up 5.6 mm. so add that to the 161 and you'd have 166.6 and I don't think you held the tape straight and I think you misread it . NO further reply's to e-mails sent to Mike. I sugest to possible Colnago owners to double check before buying. I think they are made in different factories and some molds are different, I also would think that they have to use a different mold for a DI2 frame and this mold could be wrong. At this point I'm as pissed @ Mike for how he has not responded to my questions as I am to the problem. I asked him if I was to reorded (as i have a possible buyer @ a $500. loss) what size headtube could he gaurentee in a 50 or 52, no reply. I am probly going to go ahead and build up the frame the next few days and ride it even though It's a cent. to tall at the headtube and toptube. Maybe look for a -17 stem. I was really looking forward and excited to building up a new frame but this has become a major Pain in the Ass and my opinoin of Mike and Colnago quality control has been diminished to rubish.

musket

by musket

Sorry to hear of your hassle - it certainly underlines why buying big ticket items from internet 'stores' is fraught.

Roobay

by Roobay

maestro are not an on line sales outlet really :roll:
they are not even an windwave appointed colnago dealer in the uk
mike has a very good relationship with the dutch distributor and buys most of his bikes off him
quite frankly if you would have paid the full retail from an appointed dealer in whatever country
im sure there response would have been different to maestro :lol:
and the moral of this episode
buy off appointed dealers :thumbup:
i like people... i just can't stand assholes

musket

by musket

Well, I recently saw a Colnago sold by Maestro internationally that was such poor quality I'm happy to say it was a second.

It also had an "M - Level" decal, I tracked to this guy http://www.m-level.be/mlevel.htm , further convincing me it was either:

a - a fake frame painted as a new Colnago, or
b - a repaired or reject / qc'd frame that was painted after being sold back door.

The paint was shit too - wrong font on the 'o' and runs / overspray all over.

If a deal is too good to be true, it is.

Front derailleur shifting was impeded as there was a 'non-standard' carbon gusset at the chainstay / bb junction and the hole driller for the cable to pass through was in the wrong place, meaning the cable dragged over the edges.

Pretty disgraceful conduct by someone purporting to run a business.

Roobay

by Roobay

Yeah
Paul at Slane says that all of the frames that are sold through Maestro and usually unpainted when they reach the distributor, and painted to each customers requirements hence the poor finish, the lacquers are no where near as good. :smartass:

liam7020

by liam7020

musket wrote:Well, I recently saw a Colnago sold by Maestro internationally that was such poor quality I'm happy to say it was a second.

It also had an "M - Level" decal, I tracked to this guy http://www.m-level.be/mlevel.htm , further convincing me it was either:

b - a repaired or reject / qc'd frame that was painted after being sold back door.

Front derailleur shifting was impeded as there was a 'non-standard' carbon gusset at the chainstay / bb junction and the hole driller for the cable to pass through was in the wrong place, meaning the cable dragged over the edges.

Roobay wrote:Yeah
Paul at Slane says that all of the frames that are sold through Maestro and usually unpainted when they reach the distributor, and painted to each customers requirements hence the poor finish, the lacquers are no where near as good. :smartass:

Lads you're making statements based on second hand information and unsubstantiated claims. Mike Perry might consider that to be libel. So might a court...
Tarmac SL6 & Campag Record EPS https://weightweenies.starbike.com/foru ... 0&t=153968

"Sometimes you don't need a plan. You just need big balls." Tom Boonen

Roobay

by Roobay

freedom of speech on the internet prevails still :wink:

musket

by musket

liam7020 wrote:
musket wrote:Well, I recently saw a Colnago sold by Maestro internationally that was such poor quality I'm happy to say it was a second.

Roobay wrote:Yeah

Lads you're making statements based on second hand information and unsubstantiated claims. Mike Perry might consider that to be libel. So might a court...

If he'd like to try and enforce that, I'd love to talk about it. My conclusions are based on reasonable, first hand facts, and expressed clearly as my opinion, not a statement of fact.

If you want to research what libel is, and still think there's a problem, PM me.

ironman1

by ironman1

Mike @ Maestro has not responded to my last several e-mails asking him specifically what he could guarentee in headtube lenght. I do think it is unacceptable and @ this point in the season ( 1/2 over) would wait and take a 50sl if he could guarentee the size and exchange frame. Kinda stuck when he won't correspond back. Would love to hear his response if he was on the forum. Has any one else meaured there frames, exspecially di2 frames and thought they were off, please let me know if you have, 50 or 52.

ironman1

by ironman1

The reason I bought from Maestro originally was his price and just as much there is Not a Colnago dealer within 100 miles. At the time , last november I called several and no-one even had a M10 to look at anyway. Would be more than happy to exchange it with another dealer plus cash for a tall 50sl just to be done with the matter but I cannot resonabaly excpect another dealer to do that.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com