Fizik's new Kurve saddle

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

ajh

by ajh

I am very excited about this announcement of the new Kurve saddle range.

It is an awesome saddle. It is like a modern Brooks.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

denzity

by denzity

$270.... looks like a replacement for the Arione. I can't say it looks comfy with that thin padding, but I guess we'll have to wait and see.

ajh

by ajh

The one shown is a similar shape to the Aliante

It is a different feel but same fit. It has the support of the Aliante and same shape but the comfort is in the rails and saddle itself. I have never had such comfort from a stiff looking saddle with no real padding.

It takes a few weeks for the sit bones to get used to it but overall it is more comfortable for long hours.

I have always had issues at the end of the week with tender areas, this is after about 25+ hours of riding. After I got a tester of this saddle all those issues went away.

Also the weight is dead on.

sedluk

by sedluk

$270 and 220 grams, I must be missing something.

ajh

by ajh

Since when does anything sell for suggested retail?

Also what is the suggested retail for a Aliante Carbon with Carbon Rails? I believe that it is $250-260 and that is about the same weight and would be the same person that would ride one of these.

STARNUT

by STARNUT

I sell stuff at retail all day long..... everyday.

Starnut
"Don't pedal harder, pedal faster!"
Q-FACTOR IS A RED HERRING

BB30.COM

Dov

by Dov

Brooklyn Gangsta V4 with DXR
Cannondale CAAD 10 Track
Cielo Classic Sportif U8000
Cinelli Supercorsa DA9000
Colnago C64 R12
Concorde DA7800
DeRosa Nuovo Classico SR12
Eddy Mercks Corsa Extra Ch12
Felt F1 DA9050
Trek L500

Long time supporter of Rapha
Strava

latman

by latman

that looks nothing like my arione but the shape looks like the fizik gobi on my MTB .

tonytourist

by tonytourist

It's supposed to be the new version of the Aliante.

nitropowered

by nitropowered

I wish Fizik's standard shells were a bit firmer. I have to upgrade to the higher models to get the shell stiffness I desire

ricerocket

by ricerocket

Even their top of the line carbon shelled/carbon railed Aliante is wayyy too soft after the initial break in. It'd be fine for the first hundred miles or so, and slowly degrade until I couldn't put more than 20 miles on it without my legs going numb. I finally gave up after my 4th or 5th try, I really wanted it to work for one reason or another (probably because I liked their ICS clip system, but that failed eventually too).

This Kurve actually sounds like exactly what I've been looking for, but my ass has found its home on a Specialized Romin, and they're much cheaper to boot.

Wingnut

by Wingnut

I gave up on Fizik in the end and went back to my old San Marco Regal...arse has never felt better. :wink:

nitropowered

by nitropowered

I'm fairly happy with my Antares 00 and the shell hasn't degraded yet, but the standard ones I can bounce of the top of the seat post in a matter of a few months of riding

ty-ro

by ty-ro

These look interesting to me too. They seem to be patterned after the Arione, Aliante, and Antares. They call them the Snake, Bull, and Chameleon...or something like that.

ajh

by ajh

Each person has their own shape and preference. If you fit a Fizik Aliante but find that the soft padding causes saddle sores with long hours in the saddle then the Kurve Bull would be a good saddle to try.

I have been on a tester for about 4-5 months and can say that after my sit bones got used to the saddle I have never been so comfortable. I was able to tell the differnce in the tuning of the saddle but I did find the soft insert my perference as I used this a lot on my commute which can be less than smooth.

Overall the performance of the Kurve was fantastic. The construction was great and I did not have to worry about padding breaking down and wearing out of the saddle prematurely.

The price is still similar to other Aliante saddles of comparable weight so that is not really an issue. Some may not like having the sit bones as the primary interface with a saddle but this is a personal preference.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com