Colnago C59 Italia new build Di2 help with parts

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

JKolmo

by JKolmo

I guess HammerTime2 was refering to the fact that it in that specific picture was used for towing kids, rather than commenting on the S2B-drop. So no worries.

LiveFastRideHard

by LiveFastRideHard

Great looking build once again jwilliams! Really is a shame that Zipp is no longer making the VumaQuad anymore. How do the Reynolds ride on the current build?
Felt DA(RIP), Look 595, Merlin CR Works, Calfee Tetra Pro, Moots Vamoots

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jwilliams

by jwilliams

LiveFastRideHard wrote:Great looking build once again jwilliams! Really is a shame that Zipp is no longer making the VumaQuad anymore. How do the Reynolds ride on the current build?

I know, just got an extra set of rings, and placed an order for si sl's. But i may be on the hunt for the ax morphis !

The reynolds ride like a completely different set of wheels. With my Time RXR I could tell the wheels apart, and used it for my reference bike. The C59 mutes soooo much of the road, almost too much. I feel slower on the bike but numbers do not reflect that intuition. It clearly is something I will need to adapt to. I was on group ride and swiched to my BH G5, and it was like geting out of a mercedes E63, and getting in a 911 turbo. This was confrmed by my friend also. Infact was the first thing he said.

I like the ride with them.
Wilier Zero.7 SR11 being built
2011 C59 Di2 AX SRT 24's, THM Calvica, Fibula
2010 RXR VIP @ Red RXR Sold
MY RXR VIP-> viewtopic.php?f=10&t=77056" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Rippin

by Rippin

jwilliams, how's the Extralite OC stem treating you? Would love to hear your feedback on it.
____o
_`\<,_
(*)/ (*)

jwilliams

by jwilliams

the extralite stem works just great, no issues, but I think it was set up just right by the so.

as for the cranks I went with THM cranks and tune chain rings, but going to get the extralite rings and shave a few more grams I so badly want them under 500 grams with bb as the zipp was 560 w bb. I also need to ride them every day so the fibrelite rings from posh is out.

I also have been looking at the THM brakes but have found such a great set in the ee brakes, it’s hard when 40-50 grams is on the table.

As is it's now at 12.78 lbs. with the aerolite pedals on and without the computer. Just got the TUFO 165 g tubies and that might get me down to 12.5

Jason of FWB has about 40 grams or so other minor tweaks but its nuts, sprockets, seat post clamps, head set cap, etc. but that is just taking good strong parts and using parts that are border line user friendly.
MY RXR VIP-> viewtopic.php?f=10&t=77056" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Johnny Rad

by Johnny Rad

Jwilliams - You still out there? How you liking the New Ultimate water bottle cage these days? Thanks
Last edited by Johnny Rad on Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

jwilliams

by jwilliams

one broke, but at the bottom stoper. the carbon gave way, but it was from repeated use of hard replacement by me of the bottle. I can stil use it, but moved it to the down tube so it holds less direct weight. I do not like them for frozen bottles, or any other bottles but the team issued specalized big mouth bottles .