TRIGON FULL CARBON RIGID FORK Experience

Discuss light weight issues concerning mountain bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Krieid

by Krieid

Hi I'm new to this forum, but not new to mtb :D

Looking for a carbon fork for my new mtb build, and yes; weight is an issue.
Don't really like the look of the traditional carbon forks I.E. Whitebros etc.

Looking at the Trigon carbon forks sold on e bay for an very acceptable price
about £110 for a 0.5 kg fork seems almost to good to be real.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Bi-King-TRIGON-FULL-CARBON-RIGID-FORK-DISC-Brake-/160499171549?pt=Cycling_Parts_Accessories&hash=item255e7f00dd

Do any one have any experience with this fork? or in general with the Trigon brand?

Cheers Kris

MOTOMATT
Shop Owner

by MOTOMATT

I have been using the Ritchey full carbon fork ( which I believe is made by the same company as Trigon and Token) on my bike for the last 3 years great fork.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

stevec1975

by stevec1975

I have the Trigon fork fitted to my Litespeed, superb fork, really well built and rides/tracks great, the brake boss equipped version comes in at 483 Grams (with a 193mm Steerer)

Krieid

by Krieid

stevec.

How are the logos? I would want to remove those if I buy the fork,
are they under a layer of clear coat, are they prints?

stevec1975

by stevec1975

Yeah, thats the only downside of the forks, the 'in your face' logos, they are under a layer of lacquer, so not easy to remove, was thinking about rubbing them down with super fine wet and dry, then doing a re-lacquer, but for now im just going to squint when I look at the forks!

Krieid

by Krieid

Cheers for replies. Decided to give them a go and have ordered the forks now, but I
will be removing the logo and respray it.

They look like the Richeys, but if they are the same or replicas/ copies is hard to tell.
The few ones I've found using them seems happy with them though.

cerro

by cerro

They have to be the same as Token, Steinbach, Ritchey and some more brands, I can't see any difference.

Used a Trigon fork this summer and it's really nice, nice price too.

wheelie

by wheelie

I've also heared that Trigon is the same as Ritchey , except decals and quality pass (Ritchey are tested to fail more frequent/(carefully than Trigon - smth. like that - that's why it is not for sale oficially in Europe bike shops)
Many riders use Trigon in Latvia though - no problems! I'm also thinking of buying it for season 2011
2020 Cervelo Aspero Apex 1 Mid Olive/Dune ----> Burgundy/Dark Orange
2022 Scott Addict RC10

89daytona

by 89daytona

No complaints while using for a season and a half now on this
@racecarbrian

BrianAllan

by BrianAllan

89daytona wrote:No complaints while using for a season and a half now on this

That looks like an incredibly light build. How is it working out for you? And what's the weight : )))

jemima

by jemima

I'd really like to know how the handling of my bike with this fork on is going to change.
My current old suspension fork (1998 Answer Manitou Spyder) is 420mm A2C and 40.6mm rake.

The Trigon MC01 (V-brake) is 415mm and 48mm rake
i.e. a rake increase of 7.5mm :shock:

Also, what type/model headsets are being used with this fork, and are there any things to be aware of with the installation of this fork. (Currently using a 1 1/8" threadless).

thanks
Curve Grovel ti.

hillrider

by hillrider

Thinking of fitting one of these rigid forks to my XTC Giant,but have the same concerns as jemima,regarding rake and the fact that the C2A lenght is shorter than my 100mm Reba's??????

kame

by kame

Well, the front will be a bit lower. I use this fork sometimes on my S-Works M5 hardtail, and it's very nice. You get used quickly to the altered front geometry.

I have removed the logos with fine grit wet sandpaper, and polished up the undelying clearcoat. Good results in my opinion.
In meiner Kette fehlt kein Glied, wenn die Lust von hinten zieht.

YoKaiser

by YoKaiser

Anymore pics of this fork? Especially fitted and how it looks at the headtube. Crown area looks quite big, what headsets are you using?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Rider10

by Rider10

hillrider wrote:Thinking of fitting one of these rigid forks to my XTC Giant,but have the same concerns as jemima,regarding rake and the fact that the C2A lenght is shorter than my 100mm Reba's??????

A 100mm Reba has an A2C of around 470mm, but you'd normally run 20-30% sag, so its A2C when riding is around the 440mm mark. So the 415mm A2C on the Trigon will result in the front end being about 25mm-30mm lower, which will probably steepen your head angle about a degree. Steering will be quicker.