My next project! Hold on to your butts.

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Superlite

by Superlite

I finally have it designed, and ready to be made. What Flysports failed at I will succed. I am one month away from having a protype sub 450g titanium/aluminum crankset/BB combo. Stay tuned. 8)

danielgillett

by danielgillett

What parts are ti and what parts are aluminium?

All the best.

Dan

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Tim the Pineapple

by Tim the Pineapple

Superlite wrote:I finally have it designed, and ready to be made. What Flysports failed at I will succed. I am one month away from having a protype sub 450g titanium/aluminum crankset/BB combo. Stay tuned. 8)

Nice ! can't wait till i see it.

KB

by KB

Superlite - If you was a woman they would call you a cock teaser. Please reveal all about this new combo. I'm drooling at the mouth!!!!!!

Superlite

by Superlite

Dude, watch your language, thats sick.

Joel

by Joel

Superlite, is it a modified Cannondale cranckset?

Superlite

by Superlite

Nah, then no one could use it. Uses standard BB shell. Once my prototype is manufactured I'll post some pics.

All I'll say is the axel is aluminum, arms titanium, the crankset isn't a two piece. Trust me though, there sweeeeeeet! 8)

Any input appreciated on what colors, or finish you guys would like on them. Thinking a black anodized spider, aluminum hardware to match, and the crank arms either bead blasted, or natural ti. Polishing could be done to individually for extra, or I could have the cranks coated in a few different colors in large quantities for a minimal charge. Nothings final and I have only rough estimates of cost, so I'm not saying anything on that. Let tell me what you guys want. Thanks.

520 Dan

by 520 Dan

I know that its supposed to help with wear on high stess applications, but what about ti-nitriding the arms, that would look sweet.

520 Dan

by 520 Dan

you know what, scratch that last idea, it was over zealous and not thought out, just anodize gold.

nikh

by nikh

KB wrote:Superlite - If you was a woman they would call you a cock teaser.

:lol:

Joel

by Joel

Black spider with gold anodized/silver cranckarms would be very nice on each bike.

Joel

by Joel

Both square and ISIS taper would be nice, because square is much better for bearing durability

Cyco

by Cyco

Anodizing the arms, 520 Dan, is not a good idea if they are Ti. As opposed to Al anodizing, Ti anodizing is weaker than the base material. TiN is a coating rather than a surface treatment and as such applying it resusults in a dimentional change, so if it was an option 2 different size cranks would have to be manufactured.
Success is how far you you bounce back up after being knocked down

Superlite

by Superlite

If the cranks are made with a finish they won't be anodized, theres another new process to color titanium

And Joel, the cranks don't use standard interface, its an integrated axel and outboard BB bearings.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ks04us

by ks04us

Hey Suoerlite how are you making all these things? Are you like making them in class or something? Like a engineering class or something? Just curious.