New Cannondale Super Slice

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Epic-o

by Epic-o

Nibali with a new TT rig during the final Giro TT. Pics when the stage is finished

devinci

by devinci

yeah noticed it. It looks quite good. Very slick looking bike. THe seatpost makes it looks a bit weird though.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

itsacarr

by itsacarr

http://www.trimes.org/2011/05/29/bikelo ... ondale-tt/

I will assume you can thank 3:1 for that funky seat post although I would imagine it still gets the job done properly.
Just ride ..

craigtheduck

by craigtheduck

I was wondering the same thing, does anyone have any more info on it?
Why was he using a different bike for the TTT?

Tillquist

by Tillquist

See all my bike h e r e

micky

by micky

RAI interviewed Liquigas's DS by asking more info but he just said that it was a project which started 2 years and a half ago (bullshit?).

hansonator69

by hansonator69

It looks like a Scott Plasma and Lapierre FDJ TT mashed together with a Trek Speed Concept fork and kinks in the seat stays like the Specialized Shiv. I like that seat post, though.

micky wrote:RAI interviewed Liquigas's DS by asking more info but he just said that it was a project which started 2 years and a half ago (bullshit?).

I swear all manufacturers say that... :P
Slam your stem.

jimaizumi

by jimaizumi

As per the previous post, it's too Scott Plasma 3, Specialized Shiv'ish to ignore... I like either or but definitely not something that resembles what looks like the product of both after a night of debauchery without protection... :smartass:

Cannondale had been getting some solid results w/ their Slice Carbon in both cycling and in the Triathalon world so why mess with the design and make make drastic changes?
THE PAST: 2005 C'dale R700, 2006 Spesh S-Works Tarmac Gerolsteiner, 2009 Pinarello Dogma FPX My Way, 2011 Time RXR VIP

THE PRESENT: 2016 Colnago C60 ST01, 2017 Wilier Cento 10 Ramato, Cinelli Gazetta

THE FUTURE: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

morrisond

by morrisond

jimaizumi wrote:As per the previous post, it's too Scott Plasma 3, Specialized Shiv'ish to ignore... I like either or but definitely not something that resembles what looks like the product of both after a night of debauchery without protection... :smartass:

Cannondale had been getting some solid results w/ their Slice Carbon in both cycling and in the Triathalon world so why mess with the design and make make drastic changes?

Because compared to the state of the art (Speed Concept, etc..) the Old Slice looks like a brick. Why would someone invest in a slice when there is better technology out there. You can keep the old Slice for a price point bike, but to play in the high end they needed to do this.

I would love to see Cannondale do a road version of this frame, with the hidden brakes and aero tricks, maybe not as thick/wide tubes, but the same general shapes.

morrisond

by morrisond

That reminds me of a Windsurfer Sail, If they can keep the flow from becoming turbulent between the downtube and the seattube (install very big water bottles) that frame could act like a sail, could be very fast in certain conditions.

bJay

by bJay

fixed it...

B
a riddle wrapped in an enigma wrapped in lycra

Life is like riding a bicycle - in order to keep your balance, you must keep moving.
Albert Einstein

kgt

by kgt

I prefer the more traditional Wilier twinfoil

Voye

by Voye

That Cannondale may be fast but it's butt ugly!! Sorry..I have a Caad 9 and a big fan of the Company, but that is not a sexy bike...maybe it will grow on me but I doubt it.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com