Isaac Sonic 09

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Krull

by Krull

My new Isaac Sonic, Size 51. New Frameset and Crankset (new picture, with some little adjustments-bar and saddle)

Last edited by Krull on Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:13 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Impulsive1

by Impulsive1

[quote="Krull"]My new Isaac Sonic, Size 51.

I love it. I had EXACT bike in Black when they called it the Impulse. Same frame, Isaac juggled the models around and called it Sonic. Mine creaked like crazy though at rear dropouts and I got rid of it. Hope you have good luck with it. I loved the aesthetics of mine and the ride but constant noise was a deal breaker for me.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Krull

by Krull

i hope, mine does not start creaking-at least the first three rides have been of wonderful quietness. :)

the dropouts of my 07-sonic tend to creak a little bit too. cleaning of the dropouts or removing and cleaning the derailler hanger helps in this case.

Impulsive1

by Impulsive1

Yeah, I tried like crazy to fix it but it didn't work for me. Maybe a smaller rider would not make it creak as bad which is who I sold it to. They don't seem to have same issue. (BTW, I weight 190lb.). I miss that bike but not the creak. I am riding a Focus Cayo, Giant TCR and a Mongoose Bosberg (Kinesis KR810) with no issues. But aesthtically, my Isaac was the best bike I ever owned IMO.
Last edited by Powerful Pete on Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: No need to quote preceeding post. PP

Krull

by Krull

i hope so, i weight 136 lbs, i hope this is ok for the isaac-dropouts. :D

you have a nice bike-collection, i like especially the Focus Cayo, beautiful bike!
Last edited by Powerful Pete on Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Deleted qote. PP

Krull

by Krull

Impulsive1 wrote:
Mine creaked like crazy though at rear dropouts and I got rid of it. Hope you have good luck with it. I loved the aesthetics of mine and the ride but constant noise was a deal breaker for me.

i can say: mine is up to creak as well: i made some long endurance training at this weekend in the mountain-area, combined with several L3-climbs, and especially upwards, he produced some noise. :)
but i will adopt measures, which have already been successful with my 07-sonic. at least for a time, then creaking will start again. :lol:
btw. L3-i had expected one or two questions concerning the crankset. but, ok, probably, this crankset is already established here.

Krull

by Krull

isnt anybody curious about the crankset? -this really surprises me. (and sorry, if i am a pain in your neck with this topic :lol: )

Last edited by Krull on Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

devinci

by devinci

shouldnt your chainring pin be behind your DS crank?

HEN12Y

by HEN12Y

very nice, similar colour scheme to the Canyon floating around here as well. Must be a nightmare to keep clean though :)

Krull

by Krull

devinci wrote:shouldnt your chainring pin be behind your DS crank?

Hello,
yes, it should-but its to long, its touching the crank-i have to shorten it someway another time.

mrfish

by mrfish

I see you have a Power2Max spider. I posted quite a few collected experiences about a month ago. I would think about buying a pair once their accuracy and reliability is proven. So far the stories all appear to be positive. Your thoughts?

Krull

by Krull

Hi,
i am using it since 6th of april, and i went ca 500 miles with it. it works great so far. no problems at all, as good as powertap.
i hope, there will be no rude surpsises in the long term.

HWWilson

by HWWilson

Liking this a lot. I saw your other Isaac build whilst trawling through the gallery. What did you transfer across to this frame? Stem, seatpost, and saddle?

5Nm

by 5Nm

just sayin. your chain looks long in the first pic... could be the angle.
but nice build otherwise.
:: Spinners are winners :: k.i.s.s ::

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

woodys737

by woodys737

Krull wrote:Hi,
i am using it since 6th of april, and i went ca 500 miles with it. it works great so far. no problems at all, as good as powertap.
i hope, there will be no rude surpsises in the long term.

I'm interested. First time I've come across this thread. I bought a SRAM S900 (130mm) as it is compatible with Quark power meter systems. I have a Powertap now and would like to go with crank powermeter system that is more affordable than SRM. Getting closer to pulling the trigger on Quark but maybe I should research Power2Max? Wonder if the S900 crank would work? Don't see why not.